1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News The boy who allegedly went to heaven recants his story

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by sldanlm, Jan 16, 2015.

1. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  2. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    The boy's surname is Malarkey?

Like his actual, real, I-shit-you-not family name, is MALARKEY?!

MALARKEY?!!!

3. RainDreamer

There were many people thought this was an article from The Onion.

Turns out it is not. So yeah.

But also, people seems to pile on the kid so much.
    He was a 6 years old with a brain trauma coming out of coma. His dad wrote a book about his child's story in a way that it benefits him. Then he make money of it, not paying the kid and his mother a single cent for the long term care the kid needed.

The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven: Update

Let's just say that the kid, now 16 finds the act of using his name and his story when he was young and confused is despicable, so he speak out. And as a devout Christian still, he tells people to read the Bible instead.

#3 RainDreamer, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  4. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I give the kid nothing but credit and respect; that's a hard thing to do. It's also sad his dad took advantage of the situation like he did; you'd think the court would order the father to pay for the care of his child, especially if he had a lot of money to do so. I'd like to see the father have to either pay them back, or else, do 1,000 hours of community service, at a minimum.

5. Moonhammer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can't even begin to communicate enough sarcastic dialogue about being shocked and appalled that his story was a lie.

420/360 -IGN

---------- Post added 17th Jan 2015 at 01:46 AM ----------

A guy here in Holland got two people killed by drunk driving, he got 150 hours of community service...
    The justice system is really weird and unfair at certain times.

6. DoriaN

I don't blame the kid much, based on his quote he seems to have matured, was mature to recant it, and said "All you need is the Bible".

This is why as a Christian I don't like other books, it's made by others who can use 99% truth but slip in 1% of lies and it blends together enough.
    With the Bible atleast it is what it is, you either believe it or you do not, ez pz.

I've had friends/family tell me about the book, but I'm glad I was reluctant. I just.. Had no need to read it, I have my own testimony and experiences and beliefs.

It might have sounded like a sweet story for those who would like a sweetstory, but that's why there is the expression 'wolves in sheep's clothing'.

ANYways, I'm glad the truth is out regardless, pretty scummy for the family to take the money.

7. BelleFromHell

I knew this story was bullshit the entire time. A Christian friend of mine watched the movie and actually believed it. I should have given her my two cents... I will soon enough.

Moral of this story; There's a fine line between being Christian and being gullible. Don't cross that line.