1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Islamic State - Throw man from roof for bring gay

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by gazwkd, Jan 17, 2015.

1. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

#1 gazwkd, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2015
  2. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is awful. My heart goes out to the victims of their disgusting oppression.

Though I'm still wary about how other countries go about dealing with IS; I worry that we can pledge unconditional support to their destruction due to things like this without proper consideration for how recovery can happen - exactly the sort of behaviour that helped their ascendancy.

3. Rainbows~Exist

Ya'll can't even begin to understand the amount of hatred I have for isis... They are a vermin on our planet and they NEED to be exterminated. Every last one of them deserves a slow, painful and humiliating death...

4. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure how execution by slow torture is going to make anyone better-off.

5. SeaSalt

Im not as pissed of by ISIS as I am the lack of a response from the rest of the world. We have started far too many wars over the wrong reasons, isnt it about time we fought for the right reasons? ISIS could be the force that unites us all against a common enemy yet we are squandering the opportunity just because we made mistakes in the past.

6. antibinary

Maybe we should lock them all in a room with a dalek. Problem solved. Shame about the dalek...

7. raiden04

raiden04 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It wouldn't make anyone better off, but it'd make us feel better knowing they would suffer for the atrocities they've committed. I mean children?! Even the most devout Islamic fundamentalist couldn't justify the killing of a child.

I say that honestly because I know that if I had children or family at the mercy of these tyrants I would want as much pre-mortem pain to be inflicted on them as physiologically possible.

8. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The sad thing is, killing gay people is common in the Middle East. There's quite a few Islamic states that hold public executions for gay people.

9. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can you leave the Daleks alone?

@Topic: This shows how the human race can be extremelly stupid (and how religion can be a problem).

10. arkemdis

arkemdis Guest

I understand their cut-throat approach..in their heads its...well white people wrecked us and are having fun on our account, and homosexuality being ok is a white thing...and why is isreal allowed to bomb palestinian children..the west supports the jews, and homosexuality is a sign of condoning palestinian atrocities...

That and most men there are just unemployed and desperate for a sense of meaning, and excitement..and feeling oh so noble and pious about being ruthless to evil against God.

To them it's like reading Qur'an on Charlie Hebdo's funeral.

All very complicated over there..and everywhere :frowning2:...horrifying pictures...I read that punishment a long time ago as a little gay kid..and people would tell me that is not islamic and that I am just biased. Most muslims as most christians don't read their religions.

:frowning2:...I always imagined that's how I will die..but never seen it applied.

#10 arkemdis, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2015
  11. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

It's actually horrifying and well I'm speechless - that you can understand their 'cut-throat' approach and the fact you're basically making excuses for what they are doing...

[​IMG]

12. arkemdis

arkemdis Guest

Yes I am explaining their line of thought..that is making excuses for them, sure.

I am gay my self and would love to be thrown of a high building to be smashed to smithereens with bones sticking out of me, sure.

Look I am sorry, I hate how people just call things they don't understand 'evil' and 'psychopathic'...that's what being gay is called in most of the countries...people don't want to understand. It is so easy to sit here from your country of origin ranting on how crazy the world is, when you didn't live in Iraq and you don't know what kind of shit happens there, they kill other muslims for the 'wrong sect', they kill this and that, it is not just the gays. The more you see blood the more you get used to it.

If people are born into savage environments they resort to savage means to deal with life...if they are told a context of who is the reason behind their horrible lives when they are desperate and hopeless they will believe anything...calling them crazy and 'exterminating them' and just leaving the place the way it is- won't solve anything if not just spawn more hatred as far as I can see.

People who run this world wrecked so many societies and then go like..oh these crazy middle easterners..these crazy black people...these crazy native americans...I am sorry I believe most cultural craziness comes from a deep seated reason, and the news painting the whole situation as a madness blood bath just adds fuel to their fire.

13. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

If you're telling me crucifying, beheading and otherwise killing defenceless children is not evil or psychopathic I think there is something very wrong with your line of thinking - however I'm not going to get into a debate with you over it. I just find your line of thinking as horrifying as what this evil group are doing.

I also have some first hand experience of Iraq having met the people and spent some time there. But then that doesn't really matter, saying just because someone isn't in a certain country means they don't have any knowledge and shouldn't have any comment on situations is a cop-out

Anyhow...

[​IMG]

14. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course not all middle-easterns are evil (the victims were middle-easterns too!), but to say this violence isn't evil, is horrifying, like gazwkd said.

If they think that gay people are the reason of their suffering, they are wrong, and i think they need to be educated on that. But, the moment they cross a line and attack someone, they are not victims anymore, they are criminals.

15. DoriaN

I mean, it's Islam, it's in the doctrine that those who are Christian are the scum of the earth only meant to deceive the children of allah, and those who are 'deviating' such as homosexuals are subject to punishment. Also the US from what I know helped Isis, so it's no surprised why things aren't being done in earnest.

16. Rainbows~Exist

I was kind of exaggerating but the things they do to others... it's sick and evil.

17. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh no! :tears:

18. LiquidSwords

Like yeah maybe it was a bit shortsighted to side with the Syrian freedom fighters against Assad, now that their movement has been hijacked by isis, but honestly could things actually get worse than they are now? Like is it possible for their to be a more oppressive regime than isis to fill the gap that would be created if they were defeated. I don't think there is much danger in supporting an end to isis.

It's really interesting how romanticised the arab spring was not very long ago and now look at what is happening :icon_sad: It certainly makes a strong case for the realpolitik of propping up the likes of Assad, Hussein, Gaddafi, Mubarak certainly this wouldn't be happening with these guys were still around, but :confused::confused:

If only the west actually a had a side they could back against isis they might actually intervene. It's easy to support the iraqi government but basically impossible to support Assad. I mean it would be a mission to sell boots on the ground to the public in the UK and US but it might actually be a consideration if not for the corner the west has backed itself into on Assad

19. CyberStar

If there was ever a use for the NSA mind-control machine, that would be it. There doesn't need to be killing (except to stop more killing). I cannot fathom how fucking AMERICANS are joining ISIS either. We need to eliminate the the problems in the Middle Easst, preferably without mass execution but if we have to I say we should break out the nukes! (Even if they are the fake ones. A bluff never hurts... As long as we don't make the others with nukes nervous...) It's too much killing. And over such complete shit. I am so glad I don't live there... And kind of glad I'm not the Secretary of Defense, because I'm not sure I could resist the temptation to start war. Information war, chemical war, nuclear slaughter, the works.

I really don't understand - WHY? Why can't they just get along? Are humans just inherantly assholes or something? Why?

20. SomeLeviathan

show me in the hadiths where Muhammad (peace be upon him) advocates killing Christians. Show me in the Quran where The Angel Gabriel through Muhammad advocates killing Christians

Christians and Jews are considered "people of the book" in the Quran, as they also worship Allah, they just have not heard, or have rejected the revelations of Muhammad.

also massive citation needed on that the US helped IS, because what you seem to be implying is that the US armed IS, which is sort of true, but only indirectly. Insofar that the United States, and to a larger extent most of the Western World, fucked around in Iraq since Bush Sr, which through a long string of political events lead to the Iraq invasion, and pulling out of Iraq created a power vaccum that allowed a quasi-nationalist terror organization to seize a large amount of territory. The point here being, the climate that created IS is one that is fundamentally political. And it makes sense why large groups of people who rally around their one commonality and use it as cover (Islam) to unite semi-disparate communities in a political power vaccuumm. The point here being, placing the blame of IS solely on Islam is an incredibly unacademic way to view faith, international relations, socioeconomic and sociopolitical conditions in the Middle East.

You also then have to account for Islamic countries like Iran literally fighting ISIS (partially because Syria is a good strategic ally) or Saudi Arabi also taking counter measures to protect themselves from IS.

but why would they do it if they're all Muslims and Islamic doctrine tells them to kill Christians? because it is a sociopolitical political sparked war fundamentally more than a religious one.

Will I sit here and tell you that IS has nothing to do with Islam? No of course not, I will also tell you that IS does not represent my faith as a Muslim. Do not treat us as a monolithic group of people.

and yes obviously what these people are doing in the name is Islam is horrendous and they need to be stopped from continuing their power expanse in the Middle East, but you can't do that while not identifying the actual causes for why this type of terror exists in the first place.

#20 SomeLeviathan, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2015