1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News ISIS burn captured Jordanian pilot alive

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by 741852963, Feb 3, 2015.

1. 741852963

After Jordan has been in talks re a hostage-prisoner swap ISIS have released a video showing the captured Jordanian pilot Maaz al-Kassasbeh being burned alive in a cage. I'm not going to link to a news-story because ISIS would probably want that publicity.

I've just cried thinking about this as this brutality is just beyond comprehension. It is just evil.

What I cannot understand is how other countries are not responding to these atrocisites. I am a pacifist by nature but would say if there was ever a justification for war this would be it. ISIS need to be exterminated using whatever force necessary, there is no negotiating with them. Again I am a pacifist, but these people have relinquished the right to be viewed as human - there is no good in them, and they will never show the remorse needed to be forgiven. They are just dangerous beasts that need to be slain for the good of humanity.

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is terrible, the members of ISIS who did this are vermin who have forfeited any right to be called human.

As with all dangerous vermin they deserve only one fate: extermination.

They have one talent, which seems to be to arouse hatred in millions of others. They can't govern their territories with any kind of competence, they are starting to lose militarily, which is why they are resorting to such atrocities.

I hope that when they all die as martyrs, they find that the 70 virgins awaiting them in heaven are guys.

3. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

An act of pure evil, ISIS represent the worst form of humanitity.

The world needs to come together to stop ISIS. I dont want another genocide to just be ignored. It sounds like the Kurds have beaten back ISIS from Kobani so that could be a step foward but the likes of Turkey and Iran need to do something. ISIS are an enemy to everyone who doesnt class themelves as a follower of ISIS.

4. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I wish upon these terrorists the most excruciating death possible. This is utterly revolting and sickens me to my stomach that such bastardly and cowardly insects are still allowed to breathe.

5. Rainbows~Exist

Do you know what I find the most shocking? The fact that I'm not even surprised anymore. ISIS Shouldn't even be slightly regarded as humans. Period.

6. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have actually become MORE sensitized. I was hoping the second Japanese journalist would be spared. Now this. They've really ramped up their venom. It will take a while, but I think they will be corralled and/or dealt with.

7. Lazuri

Personally, I hope that all 70 virgins are virgins whom they have killed and they're all carrying baseball bats. With spikes on them.

8. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some of them may actually want that. For those who don't, they'll be in for a rude awakening.

I feel bad for some of the younger people on the forum who have "coexisted" with terrorism all their lives. Some 20 to 25 years ago, this wasn't happening to any extent that it would be a regular thing on the news.

9. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anything can happen... and in all seriousness, I hope your suggestion is real.

10. Composerbpc

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  11. AlamoCity

I have no words. That said, I did find an interview with former ISIS hostage, French journalist Didier Francois, interesting. He said that when he was held captive the captors didn't even have a Koran or consulted it. They just literally warped an ideology/religion that was part of their upbringing and adjusted it to fit their sick minds' vision. I actually hope God exists and He punishes them eternally in Hell, but not before we have our way with them.

ISIS captors 'didn't even have the Quran,' says former hostage - CNN.com

12. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is like the Islamic version of Hitler and the Nazis, except that they have no plans except to gain power and terrorize everyone. A terrorist state. Kind of the culmination of all the pent up Islamic fundamentalism over the years. It's sad that so many Muslim conservatives didn't think they were so bad until this happened. Bunch of hypocrites, IMO.

13. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't care to wish agony on others. They might deserve it, but it doesn't fix the wrongs they've committed. I want them to die whether it's by burning alive or a bullet to the head. But a more virulent disease this planet has hardly known.

14. Alisa Arwen

But they ARE human. And that makes it all the more disturbing.

Even the most evil people have a human side to them. Stalin, for example, loved gardening. But millions died under his rule.

It's the fact that they are human that to me is the most horrifying aspect.

15. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is sadly, all too true...after Auschwitz, Pol Pot's Cambodia, and a host of horrors since, we should know this already.

16. MisterTinkles

Some government needs to get some brass balls and just drop a bomb on that place.

Out of all the governments on this planet with military forces, you cant afford ONE super sniper to go in and put a hole through ALL of these pieces of human garbage?????

Something fishy is going on here.

17. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Watching this made me so sick. I hate how badly I wish harm on these twisted people. I guess it's human nature for me to want that. I'm not a violent person, but these people do deserve to feel what this poor guy had to go through. A lot of people would probably try to say that they're just trying to prove a religious/political point. But to burn someone alive and watch them suffer, that is pure hatred.

18. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because the faith worse than death you wish upon them is... gay sex? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Eh, by that reasoning, one can wonder why World War two wasn't ended by super-snipers eliminating all of the nazis (or vice-versa, all of the allies. It isn't as if the nazis didn't have competent snipers themselves). Or, in fact, why there is any conflict between countries, ever.

In the end... as horrible as this all is, I cannot believe in any solution that starts with "first we shoot a whole lot of people in the face". Arguably, that is what created this mess to begin with.

There is no "IS gene" or "IS Virus" that can be eliminated by shooting all the carriers.
    This is nothing new.
    In the '80s, people worried about their kids joining the red brigades and bombing shopping malls (it may have been sunshine in America, but in Europe, being bombed by communists was a very real threat).
    Read newspapers of 100 years ago, and they are all awash in a scare of "anarchists" and their terrorist schemes threatening all of civilisation.
    In the 1500s it was the wars of religion.
    A 1000 years ago, Europe overran the middle east to found a "Christian State" that wasn't more fun to live in than IS now.
    Or watch the movie "Agora", about brave, upstanding Romans, agonising about how this tide of Christian barbarism is overrunning all that is good and decent in the world.

All of this has happened before. all of it will happen again. There will always be a class of people who are young, feel alienated, cast-out and with nowhere to go, and who decide that if they cannot move up in society, they will destroy it and deal with all those who wronged them once and for all.
    So in the end: we can bomb IS, kill them all, kill anyone who is even vaguely sympathetic to them, and think we solved it. And then, 20 years later do it all again when the next extremist fad sweeps the planet. And wring our hands about how regrettable it is and how it is so much not our fault.

But in the long run, we should also remember that we need to focus on building a better, more inclusive society that does not make joining IS a tempting prospect.

19. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's why I call it heaven! :grin:

I agree with you completely, Filip, there are historical streaks of disaffected youth joining causes that are apocalyptic or nihilistic; ISIS is no different. The fundamental (so to speak) issue is that the West has nothing of value to replace it. Some have called this an ideological war, but it is more an ideological bankruptcy on the part of modern civilization that offers them (to their naïve minds) no compelling alternative.

We in the West also have our own myths (not necessarily in the sense of a fallacy, more in the sense of the Greek "mythos", the story we tell ourselves about who we are): about progress, science, democracy and the like, it would be a useful exercise on our part to understand better what these are, why we value them, and how we communicate these values to those who need it most. More importantly, we should also recognize some of our own weaknesses and blind spots, and do the hard work of addressing them.

20. SomeLeviathan

this is part of the problem that the 24 hour news cycle helps instigate. Remember a few months ago when IS beheaded that first American journalist? It got all kinds of coverage. Since Fowley there have been over 40 more beheadings, it became somewhat common place for the beheadings to happen. Then other stuff happened and IS just dropped off the news cycle, so now to put themselves back into the Western 24 hour cycle they burned someone. It's a weird Darwinian process by which brutal acts become normal or normalized and more brutal acts have to occur to maintain coverage.

this obviously isn't the fault of anyone in the Western media, however I don't think the 24 hour cycle and normalizing of what in comparison is garden variety brutality (beheadings) is normalized then ignored. It's largely been a failure of the Western mainstream Media in my view to not cover beheadings and instead just wait for the next level of brutality to occur.

I don't think this cycle will be broken and I'm scared to see what happens next.

this sort of Darwinian process of escalation of violence and brutality happens with drug cartels battling over territory, I don't think there's a reason to suspect it doesn't happen with terrorist groups (or terrorist defacto states in this case)

Jordan also has responded by executing two Jihadists. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-31124900

don't know if I think that's the best step to take.

#20 SomeLeviathan, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015