1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Shoppers see few bargains at Target Canada liquidation sales

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by DoriaN, Feb 5, 2015.

1. DoriaN

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of the worst corporate catastrophes for any retailer anywhere...this will be studied in MBA case-studies for generations. What a fiasco, based entirely on the fatally erroneous assumption that we Canadians are just like Americans...

3. DoriaN

I mean, not to be that kind of gal, but we /are/ technically American.

We're just not 'MURICAN.

D;

4. AlamoCity

The United States: The only country where the demonym for its denizens is the name of two continents.

Also, thanks, Amerigo, for lending your name to two different continents :lol:.

5. KayJay

Apparently they owe millions that they can't pay. Debt is kind of a joke these days. So much money that doesn't exist.

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's unfortunate cause I really like the Target in my city (Windsor). Before it came, we visited Target in Michigan and love shopping there and I've found some great deals at my Target, nice polos and t-shirts. But same time I do understand why they're leaving and I will agree it's not the same as the Target in U.S. and some of the stores like in London, Ont. are trash-holes. It can't always be a success.

7. photoguy93

I've grown up loving Target. I live in a smal town, and I remember being a kid and loving the weekends where we would drive to target. It was an experience!

It is too high priced and I get that. I even see that anymore. However, it's such a "good" store. I go to Walmart and I'm like "what a tacky catastrophe."

I wish we could take the pride of target and the prices of Walmart and make a retail baby!!

8. andhow

It was a fucking disaster here. It was way overpriced and stores were fucking barren. There is not one part of this launch that Target did properly. I hope the CRA rapes them for all they are worth.

9. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I stopped in the one at Devonshire a few times when I was still going to Windsor every week. Everything seemed overpriced to me, and the layout of the store made no sense to me. If their closing the Canadian stores goes anything like the store they just closed by where I work, you won't see any deals.