1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's wrong with people?!

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by buriedinhw7, Nov 3, 2008.

1. buriedinhw7

I feel like we're in Nazi Germany in the 1940s right now.
    So I had to work this morning and I went to get my morning coffee. I pass by a McDonalds drive thru and someone had taped this to one of their signs:

"Straights only."

I was appalled. Not only do I have to see 7 yes on 8 signs every day on my 10 minute drive to work, I can't even get my coffee in peace?

Why all the hate? I think people just need a group of people to dislike to give them purpose. One of my coworkers stole a few yes on 8 signs. I was amused. The only minor at our store and she's the one stealing signs. What makes me more amused is she didn't even know voting is this Tuesday. Her excuse was she's not old enough to vote yet haha.

I just can't wait for November 5 because I am really sick of all this.

2. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The sad thing is that it will continue after the voting, because if they win then they'll feel as if they're superior, and if they lose they'll bitch about it by being even more homophobic.

It's horrible.. Some people are really screwed up in the head and deserve to be shot.

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Did you tell the staff at McDonalds that it was there?

4. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

That's just ridiculous.

5. sexyalex

thats hilarious. :lol:

I'm sorry, its not like if any of the 2 parties running will make a difference for homosexuality intolerance but who am I to say; I am not even American.

However, I can tell you this. As a customer if you felt disterbed by the sign then you should have made it aware to one of the tellers at the drive tru. Then depending on their reaction you would know whether they placed it there or it is just some sick joke some random kid came by who have nothing to do and just...well..
    stick it there :dry:

There are many ways of dealing with inappropriate customer service and YES indeed the environment of the facilities IS appart of the service so...

....yea....
    my friend told me to tell you to make your own coffee from home :lol:
    Sorry, that was rude of her but I think I will agree with her on that one.

6. Geist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Be careful with that. True it is going to be bad no matter what. If they win they will move to amend more constitutions around the country. And if they lose they will try and incite their base about the evils of the "homosexual agenda"

I don't know how serious you were about that last comment but you shouldn't start thinking like that. As soon as you start saying who deserves to live and who doesn't you will start going down a road of hatred and soon you will be no better than them. Instead show them you are stronger show them love. That should confuse the hell out of them. :icon_wink

7. VomAnderenUfer

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Honestly, I would have probably laughed if I saw that sign. It seems more like a parody that is deliberately trying to draw attention to the parallels between segregation of blacks and whites and the marriage segregation that yes on 8 campaigners are going for. How is someone going to know you're gay by taking a quick look at you in the McDonald's drivethru? I seriously think it could well have been meant as a joke.

8. buriedinhw7

I hope it was a joke. I didn't go to Mcdonalds, I just happened to be driving past it half asleep in my quest for coffee.

9. Loveless

Loveless Guest

People are stupid.

10. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I said they'd feel superior, I kinda meant as in they'll start going crazy with more amendments and stuff.

And I wasn't really being 100% serious with my last comment. Sure, they piss me off but I wouldn't really shoot anyone. XD Either way, if they all died we would lose a great source for LGBT comedy!