1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Lutheran High North

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by iiimee, Feb 6, 2015.

1. iiimee

2. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It feels like it's no longer about the kids anymore. It's bad enough when kids are rejected by their peers in school... but it's even worse when the adults at the school do the same thing at the school. I am sick and tired of kids being rejected. It pisses me off.

3. iiimee

I am doing an article about LGBT+ bullying at my school. People get angry because they think I'm "overreacting" and "LGBT are not treated any differently. -_- Lies! I've had teachers flat-out tell me they lost respect for me after I said I wanted to go by Chase... wtf?

4. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Two faced teachers. Pfft

5. photoguy93

This story bugs me - but one of the main reasons is because I think we are being as judgmental as the people we are trying to hard not to be.

I went to a conservative private school - many of times, my friends and I tried to get LGBT groups or activities started - and they failed. To this day I think they're still failing. But guess what? Doesn't mean I think the school should burn to a crisp. More than ever, I want to go back there with my head held high and try and work with them. That's what we should always do in situations like this.
    If Austin was beaten, abused, harassed - then I would be speaking a different tune. I just don't agree with a complete bashing of the school on this particular case.

6. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Unfortunately, since it is stated very clearly in the schools rules, the school didn't really do anything wrong (except follow stupid rules). The fact is that it's a private, Christian school so they can kinda do what they want.

More unfortunately is the fact that this poor kid got kicked out of his school for coming out. It completely goes against everything education should be about! It's horrible and wrong in my opinion. I hope that kid gets to go to a better school now.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sickens me.