1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News The State of Kentucky...

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by iiimee, Mar 1, 2015.

1. iiimee

Kentucky Senate Quietly Approves Bill Targeting Trans Students | Advocate.com

So, even if I look like a man, I have to use a woman's bathroom, or run as fast as I can to the principal's office because I have the need to use the bathroom? This bill states trans people are not equal, which is wrong in so many ways! I am a guy, regardless of what's in my pants.

Kentucky is the state I live in, so I am kinda pissed off about this...

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's so fucked up bro. I'm sorry. :frowning2:

My biggest worry is that once marriage equality is fixed for "everyone," people will stop fighting for trans people.

I'll always be with you.

I was feeling extremely spiteful about exactly this issue earlier today. Let me tell you the story.

I was at the gym running on the treadmill as I am wont to do, and the treadmill I was on happened to be right next to the entrance to the men's locker room. I saw a mother call into the locker room for her son. Then she stayed and waited for a while. She stayed there I would say for a couple of minutes, until a man came by who was going into the locker room. I didn't get off the treadmill to intervene, but I think I really missed an opportunity there.

What I should have done was get off the treadmill and say "excuse me ma'am, but there's no problem with you going into the men's restroom. I'll accompany you to make sure you don't sexually abuse any children."

I'm quite sure it would have offended her, but I think I would have really made the point about how offensive and dehumanizing it is for us to all be treated like we're "rapists waiting to strike."

Also, it's ironic that the only time any conservative actually cares about rape is when said person is a transgender predator of their imagination.

~ Adrienne

#2 Pret Allez, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am so sorry. (*hug*)

4. newfish

Ugh sorry to hear about this. That's really frustrating.

[/COLOR]
    Basically. I mean I don't want to sound like I'm generalizing too much, but you certainly have a point.

#4 newfish, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I'm from Kentucky as well.

I think what baffles me most here is, the claim it is to keep people, who would pretend to be one gender or the other, out of the bathrooms, because of potential problems. I could run with this, I really could, but there isn't a need to. I just have to wonder, who are these trans-fake vigilantes, pillaging and molesting bathrooms across the Bluegrass State?

6. CandyKing

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Meanwhile in other states universities are working on developing trans inclusive policies you now something useful. The discriminatory shit people support are stupid amd serves no other person than scapegoating so you can distract the severely misinformed public from your bullshit.

7. antibinary

Why is it that conservatives couldn't care less about rape unless it's a reason to stop trans* people going into the bathroom.

8. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    :eusa_doh: why? What are they thinking anyway its just sad we are in 2015 and this crap still happens, what do they think were doing in the restroom, i don't know about you but I use the restroom for its intended purpose, but apparently Kentucky thinks otherwise..unbelievable really.

9. Ryu

Ryu

*sigh*
    I don't know how to feel about this... I feel guilty about that... Still gonna state my mind...
    I suppose that if it wasn't passed, people could 'claim' they were trans* and day that they're not on hormones/had SRS, whilst they aren't, an could lead to pedophillia, rape and perversion...

On the contrary, if somebody actually is trans*... Yeah... You'd pee your self... Err...

Kinda off topic here, kinda not, I've always wanted to know what set someone that's Trans* would be put into for PE, because (at my school at least) we're put into segregated PE classes...

Yeah... Who'd want to go to the toilet ar school anyway? God knows whats been in there...
    *cringes*

10. iiimee

I think in most schools, a teacher has a relationship with a student, to the point where they'd know if the student is transgender or not. It's pretty obvious to tell a trans from a pervert I think, idk. But yeah, locker rooms and just other things like that are issues too.