1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Gays in California

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by UniqueTomboy95, Mar 4, 2015.

1. UniqueTomboy95

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I was on Facebook a couple days ago and my mom comes across this article about gays in California. It said that anyone that is gay in California should be shot or killed. I think this is bull and gays have the same rights as any other person. I believe everyone should be treated equally especially those who has it rough in life

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's a crackpot that's introduced a piece of legislation to this effect. It won't go anywhere. As they say... California is the land of the fruits and the nuts, so this person is simply one of the latter.

3. Summer Rose

Unless said fruits form circles, then he is both.

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He might be a crackpot, and the measure may be going nowhere, but I think it's important for us to remember that there are people who want to do incredible violence to us. He's not the only one in the US who wants us killed.

Westboro Baptist Church is the same way: they believe that gay sex should be a death penalty crime.

Now, I don't mention this because I want people who are already struggling to get by to be even more sad. I mention it because I feel like there are ways in which we can be complacent in thinking "we have things so good now." Our victories could evaporate at every moment.

There's a real sense in which we're fighting for our lives.

~ Adrienne

5. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah... I read this. And what pisses me off is that the big, bad, Homosexual Execution Supporting Attorney is mainly focused Male homosexuality. I'm pretty sure lesbians are included in his "Sodomite Suppression Act" but when most people hear the word sodomy, they usually think of Anal sex first. Like I said in another thread, this will never pass or even come to a vote. And if it did even pass (which I doubt)... I guarantee that the conservatives in California will be begging the 2nd Amendment was gone. Because the moment you criminalize something this magnitude and decide to pin an Execution Style death to it... California will fall to chaos. And people from all over will join to the fray and add to the violence. They want to start a war with us and by using violence and the courts or law to do it. Not only is it cheap and cowardly, using the courts and the law to do their dirty work, but it's more cowardly than just walking up and shooting us. Don't get me wrong, it's pretty ballsy trying to get the state government glorify, encourage, and justify hate crimes to an extreme measure but... this guy is off his rocker.

I also feel that this dumb ass act would just skip the expense and bother of due process and allow the authorities if not civilians as well to just come up and kill us. Simply put, "They better not fucking miss the shots, because I wont miss."

I also understand why Pret Allez is so jumpy on this subject... and I agree. But if they want to throw Bible Verses at me about it, then I will throw a few back. Exodus 21: 12-25. Threaten my life and theirs will also hang in the balance.

I'm not one of the gays around my neighborhood that preaches about peace, love, and happiness. Treat me right and I will do the same. I'm the Rainbow equivalent of the Black Panthers in the 60s and 70s. I like the Martin Luther King way of thinking... but right now it still means that these conservative assholes get to push us around a bit more. Bully us more. I'm sick of it. I may be on the peaceful side of things now... but the moment blood is spilled because of a subject such as this is the moment I jump the fence to the Rainbow Warriors side and become locked and loaded and ready for a fight.

I'm just jumping at my own crazy scenarios that I stupidly keep going over and creating in my wildly imaginative head. It makes me sound like some crazy conspiracy theorist if not a paranoid idiot anxious for a fight.

6. Stripe101

Nononono

Everyone in California should be shot or killed.

[​IMG]