1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News This is why you should always be nice to people

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by redneck, Mar 7, 2015.

1. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've heard similar horror stories in the film industry and in Chicago, too. Business is business, and you've got to be open to anybody who is keeping an eye out for your position.

3. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This proves what indentations do to the human brain : They turn programmers into nasty creatures :wink:

Meh, Karma... There is hundreds of python developers out there. The guy would have been way more forgiving if he really needed that particular programmer, trust me.
    I would have said Syntax error when meeting the HR guy and simply left. He was so silly that he even stayed for the interview... What a waste of your time...

4. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Haha brilliant, saw this a while ago. Im glad the guy didnt get the job, karma indeed!

5. MrCookie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This is hilarious! XD I love watching people getting owned when they diserve it! Especially when the person owning them was the one they bullied!:eusa_clap

6. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This was on the BBC a while ago. Apparently he didn't get the job because he wasn't suitable anyway, and no hard feelings were harboured.

I'd probably do the same as the angry Tube commuter though. Heck, it might even show determination - I mean, what better way to show you really want a job than telling everyone in your way to fuck off?

#6 imnotreallysure, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  7. starfish

I had something similar happen once.

I was coming back from vacation, and as I am walking down the jetway, and there is this elderly couple in front of me moving slowly. They both have walkers so I can't go around and frankly I am not in a hurry. At that time I get a phone call, and as I am hitting ignore I hear. Put down your fucking phone and walk you asshole.

I turn around and say. First I can't, the way is blocked. Second I was hitting ignore so as not to annoy everyone. He starts arguing with me, and I tell him I don't care what some jack ass in the airport thinks. At that point he shoves past me and the couple in front of us.

At that point I remember that I recognized him. He was a salesman for one of the vendors that I dealt with. I had met him a few months before at a briefing, and thought he was a jerk then. I just let it go and continue with my vacation.

Fast fordward to a six months later. I had taken a job at said vendor, and he calls me. He had taken over the account for my old company, and wanted some background information. I am pleasant and tell him what I can share.

One of the things I did not share*, was that when I left is that job, we were in the process of switching vendors. Though to this day I smile knowing he got stuck with that account. I found out from my old coworkers that he tried and tried to sell to them, but it was too late.

*I couldn't share it, because it was considered confidential information. Even now that is all I can and will say about it.

8. Andronas

That's why I want to be good at something not everyone can do, haha. C/C++/ASM maybe. Then they won't be able to get rid of me! :wink: (Hopefully...)

9. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    HAHAHAHAHA! Karma's really a BITCH!