1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Dolce & Gabbana on gay marriage

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by RAdam, Mar 16, 2015.

1. RAdam

I found this quite disturbing coming from such a prominent gay duo and saw it hadn't been posted on EC yet so here you go:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/15/dolce-and-gabbana-gay-families_n_6872710.html

#1 RAdam, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  2. DoubleSoul

DoubleSoul Guest

I agree with them.

3. randomly me

randomly me Guest

Children are children no matter how they've been born.A child has no say in how their parents produce it.

4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This. Any parent who's adopted a child will tell you that they love that kid just as much and just the same as if they were biologically related. Blood may be thicker than water, but in the end, it doesn't necessarily have to make a family.

5. BobObob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think this is a result of fetishizing of doing things in traditional ways.

6. RAdam

Care to explain why you are against gay adoption, and gay marriage?

7. DoubleSoul

DoubleSoul Guest

I do support gay marriage. But I don't support gay adoption and adoptions for single people.

I know it's a controversial matter. I respect people who stand for gay adoption, despite I don't share their opinions. But it's my right to be respected as well, despite what I think could be controversial.

8. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I completely disagree with them. It's totally unfair and dehumanizing to anyone born through IVF to say that they're "synthetic".

And I completely support gay adoption. There's no evidence that being raised by two same-sex parents is any worse than being raised by opposite sex parents.

I will still be wearing my D&G sunglasses of course :slight_smile:

9. C P

C P

So you basically don't support gay parents?

You're obviously free to not answer that if you feel it could ignite something, but it's always baffled the heck out of me how someone could be against a child potentially finding a very loving home and family(a lot of which probably won't find any other way and can only dream of having something) just because they don't agree with the gender matching (or lack of a match) in a relationship.

10. DoubleSoul

DoubleSoul Guest

Yes, I don't support gay parents.

I just don't like politically correct sentences like your's that you used. "Family" is a serious thing, and I don't think gay and single people are up to it.

11. RAdam

Alright so you agree with them partially, they're against gay marriage as well.

Now what you said is all fine and in your own right I however asked you to explain why. I would be interested in hearing any reasoning why gay or single parents for that matter are not up for the job. There are tons of single and gay parents that have biological/ traditional children are they all failing at parenting?

12. DoubleSoul

DoubleSoul Guest

Don't be polemic.
    I repeat I don't have anything against them as people. I am against gay adoption, it's different.

Why? I have a lot of reasons why I believe in this but I prefer not to share them.
    Gay people seldom think with their own mind because they are too influenced by the "politically correct". And I don't want to be their target.

13. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    So in other words your only argument is to denounce any argument against yours as "politically correct" and avoid arguing. Good strategy.

14. C P

C P

It wasn't meant to be PC(not that it would matter to me); it's just easier to get a straightforward answer in that case if you ask me.

I just find it saddening that someone would keep away from having a family of their own (just) because they feel two same-sex parents or a single parent aren't adequate enough, despite many of said families who've proven that to be untrue; that they can have just as much love(in some cases even more) than traditional, two parent, het families.

You don't seem to have gone about it in a malicious way, so I guess we can just agree to disagree here. Just wanted a clearer picture, even if it still confuses me.

I haven't ever gotten that passive aggressive, guilt trip of an argument really. Being PC is inherently evil now? News to me... >_>

#14 C P, Mar 16, 2015
  15. DoubleSoul

DoubleSoul Guest

You're right! I don't have malicious intent but, unfortunately, people like Tennison don't understand the difference between having a respectable opinion, even if controversial like mine, and having malicious intents.

---------- Post added 16th Mar 2015 at 06:53 PM ----------

CP, Tennison was reffering to me.

16. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    It isn't respectable if you just call people who disagree with you "politically correct" and then say that gay people often don't think with their own mind. Those are both pretty dismissive statements and aren't very respectable. There are other reasons to be for gay adoption and they aren't just out of political correctness or not thinking.

Anyway, I'm done here. Not worth it.

#16 TENNYSON, Mar 16, 2015
  17. DoubleSoul

DoubleSoul Guest

You are free to see this way, but whether you like or not to admit it, you misinterpret my intentions.

#17 DoubleSoul, Mar 16, 2015
  18. C P

C P

I know; I was quoting him because my reply was directed at his post to your response. I kinda have to agree with him there though... about not understanding why people use the 'oh, stop being so PC' argument as a way to make the other person out to be the 'bad cop'(as if somehow being PC inherently means you're speaking a bunch of gibberish).

I guess this isn't derailing the topic but, either way, I'll leave this be for now since it isn't really going anywhere it seems.

19. DoubleSoul

DoubleSoul Guest

And I don't agree with you and Tennison :slight_smile: Because I don't understand why you gay must be so PC. Stop.

I don't need to spent further minutes in this topic. It isn't worthwhile.

20. RAdam

'' I have a lot of reasons but prefer not to share them'' Right... way to go.

You can't even explain your reasoning for such a disappointing opinion. Instead you blame ''political correct gays'' targeting you if you did.
    Don't put words in my mouth, I never said you had anything against them as people. However that statement can be questioned, since you're against what they're doing which is in my eyes very much part of them as people..