1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News X Factor NZ judges bully contestant on air...and are thankfully fired

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by 741852963, Mar 16, 2015.

1. 741852963

Watched the video, absolutely disgusting behaviour (no better than you would see in a school playground) and then they go and gloat about it on twitter after!

X Factor New Zealand judges Natalia Kills and Willy Moon sacked after Joe Irvine rant | Daily Mail Online

And the ridiculousness of her calling him a copycat when she seems a Lady Gaga wannabe. And all he did to provoke this bullying was wear a suit! I must say I did like a few of Willy Moon's songs but he has lost any appreciation from me now. Ugh, what a vile couple though, made for each other I say!

Anyway, I hope Joe goes on to great things following this and proves them wrong, a little happy ending to the story is a. the two idiots were fired (justice served!), and b. Ed Sheeran, Lorde and Ellie Goulding are all supporting the victim here: X Factor bullying: Ed Sheeran, Lorde offer support to Joe Irvine as Ellie Goulding says axed judges have ruined their careers - Entertainment - NZ Herald News

2. LiquidSwords

That suit + normal hair look is the judge's trademark tbf

3. juliegt6

So her awful husband also wears suits and has hair. Hmm. Interesting.

4. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I found this so disgusting, saying that to a contestant.. And then because he only wears a suit. I'm so glad they both got fired. A direct signal from Mediaworks that this kind of behaviour is not allowed.

5. tulipinacup

Because of her I have now yelled at almost everyone in public for copying my hairstyle.
    Also who are these people?

6. Rolando4

Wow, I love(d) Natalia and her music. I'm not sure what to think :/

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Exactly. I didn't even know about either when I heard this story. Now I plan to never get ot know them. And also the guy on stage was in my opinion a lot hotter than the husband judge. Thank God for the other judge defending the contestant and for the network firing them.

8. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I totally think she's at fault for this. Not only was she his coach but she chose him to be in her final six. I do agree with what she was saying in terms of originality and performance but she could have handled the situation in a much more mature way. I Don't even know why this is an issue.

9. 741852963

Willy Moon has what we would refer to as a "face like a smacked a**e". He just oozes arrogance.

Not to worry though, his career is probably down the toilet now. He had a successful debut due to the novelty of his style, but I doubt with this drama he will have the fan support to increase on that. I think you can get away with being edgy or a "bad boy" if you are already a well established artist or a punk rocker, but when you are a relative newcomer it just doesn't work.

The manner in which she criticized the contestant went way beyond any constructive criticism and was instead an attack. I think to be spoken to like that in any situation, or just in front of people (in a work environment for instance) would be difficult to handle, but to have to stand there on national TV in front of cameras whilst facing that must have been really horrible. I really hope the contestant was OK after that.

On the styling issue, given my limited knowledge of the Xfactor, contestants only style themselves for the initial auditions and bootcamps - after that point (the live shows, which I believe this was) the contestants are made up by stylists and have little creative control of how they look or what they sing. As such it was completely unfair for Natalia to point that criticism at the contestant.

10. Foz

Foz Guest

'All you've done is copy, you have no originality' Well thank you describing how I feel about you and all your mainstream artist friends!

11. 741852963

12. Vesalius

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I thought the comments that the husband made were a lot worse. I'd much rather someone said I was unoriginal than to suggest I looked like a serial killer.

13. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Have no idea who she is, but I did read an article on her a few months back, in a similar situation (the husband wasn't the focus of the article though) and got the impression she was a cunt who thought too much of herself. Guess I wasn't too far off. How arrogant do you have to be, just because someone's talent threatened your own or that of your husband? :/

And honestly, why do we even glorify and idolize these wannabes anyway?
    And side-note, what on earth happened to the music industry?

/rant-over

14. Minamimoto_Fan

I actually had to do a google search of who the hell these people even were when I first read this.

It's basically just nobodies lashing out at somebody that has a shred of talent, something they obviously lack

15. CheesyGoose

That reaction was simply uncalled for. Like some of you already said, he was just wearing a suit and had his hair done a bit. That's basically the average look of any male I can think of, when going to a formal event. Alright the hair may not be done like that, but you get my point.

Should I go screaming at every stranger now that they're copying me and therefore Willy Moon? He did not create that look and the host looked almost exactly the same as the contestant. Why wasn't she screaming at him? This is just ludicrous.

To top it all off, both of them released small letters that people don't know the full story. I get that this is "reality" TV and some things are scripted to add more drama, but come on...