1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Landon Wilson, soldier kicked out of military for being trans, profiled on CBS news

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BradThePug, Mar 20, 2015.

1. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    More here

2. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Re: Landon Wilson, soldier kicked out of military for being trans, profiled on CBS ne

I just don't get it. Trans people can do everything that anyone else can in the military. What logical reason do they have for not allowing them to join?

3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Landon Wilson, soldier kicked out of military for being trans, profiled on CBS ne

They don't have a logical one. Just as they had no logical argument for banning African-Americans, gays, lesbians, or bisexuals, or wanting to ban atheists.

4. Astral

'Murica.

5. eggsessential

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning

I thought that the American army had just recently changed the way that they dissmissed trans people? Like it would take longer and a higher ranking officer had to review the case? It is still quite saddening since their really is no reason why people of any gender, race, religion or sexuality are banned from not being able to serve.

Up here in Canada, anyone from the LGBT community can serve if they pass the medical exam! It just makes no sense why not. The DND will even pay for your transition if you qualify! We have published multiple papers on this and there really is no good reason against it.

Hopefully, there will be some changes since from what I've heard the last secretary of defense said that he would look into the problem in late 2014. But, I haven't heard anything else since then.