1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friend's Dad's Church

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Noah, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Noah

A message he wrote...comments appreciated as always :slight_smile:

"Dear Church,

Just a quick word on the elections as I will be sharing much more on Saturday. I know many of you are sad, mad, confused or something similar. Others might be happy or at least partially happy because of the racial breakthrough. Many of you might be questioning the prophetic pictures, words and prayer initiatives and I will address all of that.

There is the good, the bad and the unknown factor of this election. The good is that this country showed that it could break through ancient barriers of racism and elect an African-American man as President and send a black family to be based out of our White House! That is in itself very monumental and no small thing. It is huge at a national level and it is very significant at an international level. The USA will get to lead the world in a powerful demonstration of a nation that has broken through a great world barrier. Racism is a world level principality and by us being the lead nation of the world it has released racial healing through the world. The principality has been weakened by our nation's choice before the world. I'm sure that the enemy will still try to cause strike-back racism but this is still very significant and a measure of it can't be undone. The most powerful nation in the world has democratically chosen a black man to lead them and that fact is resonating in our nation and around the world. It is undoing decades and even generations of lies and half truths and it is a very significant advancement. I think every African-American in our nation has to feel some level of joy and breakthrough just over this matter. For those of you who are members at Daystar, I join in whatever measure of internal or external celebration this has brought you. No one other than one of your own skin color can understand what it feels like to break free from the psychological 'shadow' you have had to be raised under and it is very evident to me that some corporate national 'weight' has been lifted off of "Black America." I really do exult and celebrate with you on that matter.

The bad part of the situation is that, as a nation, we have gone a little further to the left. If all who had voted for President-Elect Barack Obama had done so for the racial breakthrough aspect of it all, then that would not be so bad. However, we know that homosexuals, pro-abortion forces, and the general "please let me keep being unrighteous" crowd voted in mass for Barack Obama and they did so not necessarily for racial breakthrough. It is clear that the most unrighteous quadrant of our nation is in celebration and it is a bad celebration. Sarah Palin's righteousness and anointing scared the devil out of them and into the voting booths and God will now deal with those matters going around government. As it relates to all that, I believe we will now see the opposite response out of Sarah Palin than what many may think. Her 'voice' will not go away, but there will, in fact, be a divine "megaphone" put to it. She may, in fact, carry substantially more influence now than she was going to do as Vice-President which was clearly going to mute who she really is. Having to be the echo of a less conservative President than herself would have been a tough role for her. I believe we will yet see her Deborah 'mantle' and we only assumed it had to be out of the White House. The "bad" of what just happened is that this nation said NO to the righteousness she represented and there will be negative consequences upon us nationally (particularly in cities and regions that represent sin strongholds) because of that rejection of righteousness. There will be more judgment upon us nationally for rejecting Sarah Palin than for choosing Barack Obama.

None of the prayers for this election will be wasted and I want to share how the Lord will use the "bowl of prayers" that He did not yet use (because many of our specific prayers were clearly not used yet). I do believe that they were generally prayers after the heart of God. I believe that the general prophetic words we discussed were, in fact, God and that He was encouraging us to pray in the direction that we were praying. I still think the sports prophetic pictures that I shared were God encouraging prayer in a certain direction and I will try to help make sense of all that Saturday night. There are reasons He will encourage us in a fight we just might not win but we need more understanding of that. For those of you who were with us at prayer Sunday afternoon, all those words and pictures from the children still stand true. There were very positive, encouraging words for us as a nation and though our assumptions might have been that this must automatically mean McCain and Palin will be "in," the obvious reality is that the Lord knew who would be in presidential power and He STILL was speaking of hope, of looking over His promises, of America being under His care and watch, of miracles of provision for this nation, etc. Those words encourage me more than anything at this time. They really did not see who was President but just who was in charge and very involved in our nation at this time...that being God. He will soon prove that He can not be voted out. We are not going to wander in the wilderness for another generation as some fear, but rather we are about to experience a very "interventionist" God. Some are wondering or even worried about where God's sovereignty ends and our free choice comes into play. Based on what our children conclusively saw, we are about to see much more of the consequences of His sovereignty than of the the consequences of our nation's "free choice." Of course, He will be doing much of this with the 'fuel' of His people's prayers.

I want to share that there is still a great "undetermined" factor before us and it really could be something good. Beyond even what I can explain, I am encouraged and I want to share out of that. I look forward to seeing you all Saturday. There are still surprises before us in the coming days and some of them will be very unexpected and good for the overall welfare of this country.

Many blessings,

JE (Name removed)

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    His first paragraph could very well describe the oppression of homosexuals as well as it does African-Americans. This statement especially ringed true. "It is undoing decades and even generations of lies and half truths and it is a very significant advancement."

Why do ministers like this totally refuse any kind of scientific evidence surrounding homosexuality as being inborn? It is infuriating to me. Those that do are "unrighteous". My own mother was infuriated at the ring wing response to those that voted for Barack Obama. She said "I am so tired of being called 'ungodly' because I'm a Democrat."

I think this calls for some assertive action on the part of your friend. This pastor needs an education. We have got to call these people out. Even if they don't get it right away, it gives them something to think about.

3. Noah

Lol I just realized how huge that post is. Sorry guys!
    And I'm kind of thinking the same thing... I'll keep you posted

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Maybe you and your friend should make an appointment with this guy and pay him a visit. :grin:

5. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just a reminder to the far-right preachers: America is not and should never be a theocracy. What you consider "righteous" is very likely NOT what is needed to move the country forward. The Middle-East has maintained its own brand of "righteousness" for centuries and look at some of the extremism that comes out of there. And since when is voting Republican always "the Christian thing to do"?