1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News British TV actress says being raised by two moms ruined her life

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by dano218, Apr 2, 2015.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. CyclingFan

Yes, cause we all know that heterosexual relationships are guaranteed free of resentment and jealousy and the kids come out undamaged in 100% of those relationships.

Amazingly, she's so blinded that she cannot even see that it's a lack of societal acceptance that caused her harm, not her parents, so she advocates for more harm for others. Whackaloon.

3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People who think that way are very, very narcissistic.

4. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd never heard of this "British TV Actress". I IMDB'd her and noticed she had minor roles in a few different things. If I was cynical, I might even say that she might enjoy this bit of publicity.

5. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is probably all it is. A messed up publicity stunt!

6. 741852963

EXACTLY. In 99.99% of these cases where kids speak out against gay parents its down to harm and depression caused due to feeling ostracised or from being bullied due to their parents - external factors to the family.

I'm sure children with parents in inter-racial relationships experience the exact same issues and harm - does that mean we should ban or discourage people dating cross-race? Of course not! We should instead focus our attention on educating the ignorant and those at fault here - the bigots of the world.

---------- Post added 2nd Apr 2015 at 11:52 AM ----------

Well IMDB tells me she has been in a couple of episodes of Doctors and had a one-off appearance in The Bill. With a resume as strong as that I'm sure she'll be getting a lifetime achievement award at the BAFTAs any year now!

7. Ryu

Ryu

What... The hell...
    'It's not the you're gay, it's the nature of same sex relationships in itself'
    In what universe does this make sense? It's fine dating someone of the same gender as you, but it is also morally wrong? What? Just... Just what.

8. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  9. CuriousLiaison

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think that saying "She's misguided" or "She's attention seeking" is the wrong approach to dealing with people like this.

One of the best arguments in favour of gay adoption has, for me, been the account of Zach Wahls who was raised by two women:

[YOUTUBE]FSQQK2Vuf9Q[/YOUTUBE]

And these counter-anecdotes do make it more difficult to refer to him. I think really we need to refer to data, and compare the success of children raised by gay and straight couples against important criteria such as academic success and crime rates and so on. If it were the case that children raised by gay couples had very high rates of mental health issues or some other problems, then that would be a challenge to the argument for gay adoption.

My understanding is that children raised by gay couples tend to fare better than children raised by straight couples, mainly down to the fact that it would be somewhat remarkable for a gay couple to have an unwanted pregnancy, and those children skew the data against straight couples. But I haven't looked into it thoroughly and I can't claim that my source for this paragraph is unbiased.

10. LiquidSwords

I wonder why she feels entitled to claim her experience as the typical experience of kids raised by same sex parents.. there must be thousands of people raised by opposite sex parents who would denounce the way they were raised just the same.. they just wouldn't presume their upbringing to be representative of anything other than their particular circumstances

I bet the DM paid her a fortune for this ..

11. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

2 women is better then a man and a woman in my opinion :lol:

Gosh 2 women understand you.. you fucking dumb bitch. Also fuck you for blaming them for your anorexia and depression! That could have come from anywhere! There are kids out there who have straight parents who suffer from the exact same thing! Oh and guess what? My father left when I was 3 but it never affected me :slight_smile: I still see him a fair bit. But having just a mother in the house to support me, my sister and I was fine! Grow up bitch! I love you J.K Rowling! I never knew she was a supporter of gay rights until today! Strange because i'm a huge fan of Harry Potter! x

12. BobObob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I too agree. It's obvious from reading the article that shame and homophobia caused her depression at 15, not her parents being both women:

However, her testimony will further the same kind of homophobia that hurt her.

13. Hatsune Miku

I should start advocating for the illegalization of straight marriage b/c my own parents are assholes

14. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I think it's interesting that the "motherhood is better without men" line goes unnoticed; there's some resentment there as well.

As for this woman herself. I get where she is coming from, because the era she was raised, it was more taboo, among other things, to be raised by same-sex parents. I'm sure she had a rough time, not because of anything her mothers did directly, but because of society's response to her being raised by, well, two mothers. However, you can't point a finger at society -- that's too many people, so, what's the next best thing?

Blame your mothers.

Just like a teenager blaming their parent for ruining their lives, because they won't drive them to the mall, so they can hang out with their suburban Goth friends. It reeks of asininity.

15. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    God your awesome Chloe. (*hug*) :thumbsup:

16. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Thanks buddy! (*hug*)

17. Images and Words