1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Gov. Snyder(MI-R) vows to veto any RFRA bills

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by QueerTransEnby, Apr 2, 2015.

1. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    With all the Republican bashing on this forum, I figured we need to see that not everything every Republican does is evil. Although I have my disagreements with Snyder and voted libertarian this past year, this is a great sign. He supports expanding Elliott-Larsen.

Religious freedom bill may not make it to Snyder's desk

2. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I second this. We need a more middle of the road kind of politics in this country anyway. I praise governors Snyder, Mccory, and Hutchinson for not going along with the team and being fair to all people. That is coming from a moderate democrat.

3. CyclingFan

I applaud Gov Snyder in his bold leadership in not looking like a pariah to the country and having his ass handed to him by major corporations and potential donors. :slight_smile:

And good, it's the right move no matter how he arrived at it.

4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The problem is that in Nort Carolina and Arkansas, the bill will still become law. It takes a simple majority, one more vote than the other side, to override a veto in both those states. I'm glad Snyder has a little bit of sense underneath that awful bedhead abomination they call a haircut

5. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's good to hear. I'm hoping to move back to Traverse City in a year or so to study vineyard management/winemaking at NMC with my partner, and then live in the area: my main anxiety at this point is how SCOTUS will rule this summer. Will we still be married there?

But this is good news, on a personal level, as well as a general one. Maybe more liberal leaning sorts will move to/move back to Michigan; it seems to have tilted a lot more to the right than when I left in the mid 1990's. Though we had this horrible Governor at the time, John Bungler. Still, things didn't seem as bad as they do now, with congress so far to the right.

6. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had to stop myself from thinking "Northern Michigan" which is in the U.P. Northwestern MI college is in TC. When I went to their website, I distinctly remembered passing it on US-31 on the way to our hotel room. The Kinkade Art Store is pretty cool as were several bookstores in the area. The used bookstore is where I actually randomly found LGBT books for the first time. Then of course, there was the nice long walk out on the pier. Yes, I love TC and am kind of jealous of you. :thumbsup: