1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Transgenderism, the military, and stolen valor (one hell of a news story)

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Argentwing, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Had to share because there is just so much happening here. But what really caught my attention was the pure awesomeness of the transgender ex-Navy Seal (the real one) the story helps showcase.

[youtube]CeFtRQA1Aog[/youtube]

2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Two things:
    The stolen valor is a totally separate issue to being trans* but it discredits the person calming the award and the award itself.
    Being trans* is way tougher than being a navy seal, so you trans* guys and girls deserve huge admiration!

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's fucked up.

It's important for our communities to have protectors who are trained in the use of force. They are often times seen as heros, and for good reason: they take great personal risks to their safety in order to protect people they don't even know, and who may not even deserve such protection. They do it from the goodness in their hearts and faith in the community.

To pretend to be a person who made a sacrifice that one has not made is despicable. Yes, Robin did serve, but she did not serve in a way that represented a major sacrifice of anything other than time. It's unfair of her to abuse the good will of the community by making false claims.

Good for Kristin.

Also, I should say that we should resist the temptation to call being transgender harder than military or public safety service. They are both very difficult in their own way. I respect that Kristin said it was harder for her to be trans than a SEAL, but I think we can respect trans people without diminishing military and public safety service.

~ Adrienne

#3 Pret Allez, Apr 4, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  4. DoriaN

This person is just a liar, she's fake.

5. juliegt6

I remember my friend saying he was a veteran on the Iraq war, and his dad having corrected him saying being In the national guard and stationed in an air conditioned trailer thousands of miles away from the war isn't the same thing; there is a distinction between a combat veteran and not. His dad has damage from agent Orange and horrific joint damage from injuries from when he was in Vietnam.

I thank anyone who serves and support roles are most definitely necessary! However, don't claim you did what you didn't. I know tons of people who served and deserve respect, and they'd line up to beat the crap out of valor thieves. It'd almost be as big a line and the one to beat up Jane Fonda.