1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Transsexual gene link identified

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BradThePug, Apr 6, 2015.

1. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    More here

2. RainDreamer

So scientists noticed a possible cause from their observation, but has not yet done any actual study on it, then the media clamour "Identified!" as if everything that is wrong can simply be traced down into a single cause, possibly easily solvable.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Trust me, this was the best article that I could find about it. There are other ones out there that are way worse.

4. randomly me

randomly me Guest

I don't think they'll ever pinpoint an absolute answer.There have been many tries but all of them are quite questionable

5. Minnie

REALLY old article :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Milonov

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Wait, if there is a transsexual gene, can't you just treat these guys or girls to hormonal therapy prematurely so their sex would be identical to their gender to begin with?

7. randomly me

randomly me Guest

This would be a great idea if it actually worked.However reality gets in the way.We still don't really know what makes someone transgender and someone else not.Even if said gene was proved to be "responsible" we would probably end up in a similar situation like the one we currently have with intersex people where parents decide for their children.

8. Nerazim

An old thread that nobody listened too anyway.Scientists should find answers anyway and what about homosexual gene link? They said they haven't found that gene because it does not exist.

9. RainDreamer

Again, scientists have not "identified" a transgender/homosexual gene. The word "link" is important here, because the "link" is very far-fetch and unverified. They found that some certain variation of human gene that has less efficient testosterone receptor, and speculate that it may affect foetal brain development. Note that this study is only done for male-to-female transgender people.

The media likes to take speculation and make it sounds like fact.

10. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Brad, that page is last updated Sunday, 26 October 2008.. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

This is a much more recent and interesting article:

ScienceDaily - Transgender: Evidence on the biological nature of gender identity

I posted this in another thread too, recently. The only criticism.. The sample size is a bit small, but there is more evidence indicating in that way (biological and not psychological).

:icon_bigg

11. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The funny part:
    So they purposely looked for articles that showed it is biological, found some, and wrote an article. Sounds completely objective!