1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Transgender social experiement

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by RainDreamer, Apr 6, 2015.

1. RainDreamer

So we have these two guys setting up this experiment: one of them dress up as a woman, but deliberately have a non-passable look. The remaining guy will play the role of a transphobic person provoking and insulting the other. See how the people around react, especially later when the one playing as the transwoman explicitly ask for help:

[YOUTUBE]oNljRBy23ks[/YOUTUBE]

2. randomly me

randomly me Guest

Well this doesn't have to do necerssarily with the transgender part.There are similar reactions when people get included in any kind of conflict between two strangers.

3. yoonicorn

That seemed like such an important message to send, but they seemed to be desperate to make the transvestite/transwoman (totally interchangeable..? really?) as much as a laughing stock as possible. It was like they didn't decide whether it should be a social experiment or a comedy video.
    hmm. :s

4. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I think the guy pretending to be a trans woman failed. They should get a better actor, and maybe not have the trans woman be so aggressive, have her crying and pleading for help.

5. DoriaN

"Transvestite Social Experiment"

6. Aldrick

These cis straight men have no idea what they are talking about or doing. Like someone else said, it's like they couldn't figure out if they wanted to do this as a joke or as a social experiment. Watching them do this was actually offensive and disgusting, not to mention as DoriaN points out they call it a "Transvestite Social Experiment."

Just, ugh.

7. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do hate it when these things are called social experiments, because

a) there is absolutely no scientific process to discover anything
    b) literally just ask some trans people about their lives, which they actually know about because they live them, for fuck's sake.

#7 Aussie792, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  8. RainDreamer

The title of the video says that, the people doing the video say "transgender" in the video itself. *shrug* It is closer to transgender though, I feel. Since the "transwoman" in the video claim to be a woman, not being a man that dress however he wants.

9. DoriaN

That, but he parodies around saying he looks better than other women, and then has some sort of episode where he assaults the man, and everybody looking is going 'wtf?'.

It's...

It's just a joke really.

Some sort of stunt for attention, there's no care or passion behind what they are doing, no education, nothing to be gained but much to be lost.

It's as if they said "We know transgender individuals have it tough, but they're basically walking jokes right? Let's test it to see if others think they're a joke as well! Hey Bill! You can raise your voice and make a fool out of yourself yeah? Remember that time you were drunk and went through your girl's stuff on a dare? Ayyy, got a new joke for you!". Then he proceeds to act like no one would actually act, and even gives off a superior air to others making him actively look like a villain. It's so bad, you almost side with the guy harassing him.

Then again, it is called 'Trollstation'.

10. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I did a better social experiment on a Japanese version of #############, to test trans acceptance in Japan.

I turned the camera off, put my best girl voice on, and pretended I was a trans woman. I told some people right aways, and others I talked to a little before telling them. I got no negative reactions.

That, is way better than this "experiment".

11. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This was just disgusting and revolted me to my very core... Fucking clown act...