1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Company fires man for revealing policy about party guests

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Daakota, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Daakota

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is my current, "home". I live in the Bible Belt, you can see from the ignorance of some of the people that commented about the story. The most entertaining part is the comments at the bottom of the article.

SPRINGFIELD -- An e-mail message sent to employees of Positronic Industries about its Christmas party has sparked some conflict. The message listed a restriction on whom employees could bring as guests.

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/34612369.html

2. LorenzG1950

You are so right. The ignorance of the coments leads one to believe that there are serious educational deficits in your area :eek: . If this is typical bible belt then it's time to move :lol:.

#2 LorenzG1950, Nov 18, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  3. BlueRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This comment in particular really got me upset. It's because of people like this that America is not a democracy, it is a constitutional republic. One that extends basic rights and protections to all of its citizens regardless of what the "majority" believe.

4. *Has a meltdown*

5. STK

STK Guest

Wow. Just wow. But then again what do you expect from TEH BIBLE BELT. I seriously doubt most people hate gays. There's just a larger concentration of them in the south.

6. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    People like that make me embarrassed to be from the south.

7. No One

WOW that made me so mad i had to leave my own comment those people think they are so perfect. they think that we are forcing our views on them THEN WHAT ARE THEY DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Mickey

I'm telling ya...if I hear the Adam & Eve,Not Adam & Steve thing one more time,I may puke!
    GRRRRRRRRRRR!

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't mind the "Adam & Steve" bit, because it's so damn silly. (God didn't create Bob and Hortense, either - should they abstain from sex?) It's the "if we say gays are OK, then apparently, I guess it's OK if I marry my pig" argument. There seems to be an idea that we can't question whether X and Y get married, because to so would suggest that EVERYBODY can get married to ANYBODY or ANYTHING they please. That's so damned frustrating to me, because 1. it implies my relationship is somehow lesser than a "real" heterosexual relationship, and 2. it implies that it isn't homosexuality that is to be feared so much as its implications - "it's easier to just deny it homosexuals than take the chance that people and pigs might get married".

I did like the B.I.B.L.E. post. Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. Got it. Currently working on abstaining from blood, and searching for a calf without blemish. "Can you afford to take the chance?" Yeah, I'm sure God will look favorably on your religious devotion, since you appear to be going through the motions of Christianity "just in case God really DOES exist".

Lex

10. Daakota

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fortunately I'm not from here, because there are definitely a lot of intolerant and ignorant people here. I moved here to go to school a few years ago and will be moving to a more liberal state next year. I can hardly wait for that! Oh well, for those religious people, we will all be judged someday, including the bigoted people.. I left out the non-religious people since you all don't believe in that stuff :wink: I just wish people would understand its not about condoning the relationships, its about doing what is right.