1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Dermatologist to the stars found dead in Miami home

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Tightrope, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I found this sad. His clients were among the most famous in the entertainment industry and his knowledge of the field was on the cutting edge. I didn't put this under LGBT news because his sexual preference does not rise to the forefront in all the articles, though that is alluded to in some articles.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/07/us/dr-fredric-brandt-65-celebrity-baron-of-botox-is-dead.html?_r=0

Even though he Fredric Brandt was a very reputable pioneering doctor, that wasn't enough. He ended his own life in his Miami home. When I took a look at the first inkling of this news and saw some of the stills of him at various A-list parties, I sort of suspected that's what it might have been. Then, the police confirmed it was a suicide.

It mentioned he was battling depression and that some sort of a spoof in the media disturbed him quite a bit. An article or two about him mentions he was shy, especially when growing up. I wonder if he would have done better had he chosen to keep a lower profile professionally. Or maybe you can't be a dermatologist who jets around to keep the glitterati looking good without entering their A-list world. Lots of doctors do what they do well and aren't famous. It doesn't matter. A talented and successful doctor is deceased when he was not yet infirm. I feel bad because I'm not sure how badly he wanted fame. He just acquired some A-list patients earlier in his career and became widely sought after by that strata. I almost suspect it's one of those cases where, while he wasn't alone and could easily jet here and there and be surrounded by people who appreciated him, he still felt alone. RIP Dr. Brandt. The fast lane, whether voluntary or involuntary, takes its toll on people.