1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Hillary Running For President

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Foz, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Foz

Foz Guest

it's official now, the BBC has confirmed, what does everyone think of this? I think she would make an excellent president, but the democrats running a 3rd term is a big push. At 67 she would be the second oldest president ever, it may be a risky manoeuvre electing a president who could be killed off by a mild winter!

Top Gear have been asked to assist with campaigning:roflmao:

[​IMG]

#1 Foz, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  2. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hillary (barring any type of a catastrophe) will probably get the Democratic nomination for President. That's good, because she knows what it's like to run a campaign and is good at fundraising, but she will also have to prove to the base of the party that she isn't a hawk on foreign policy and isn't cozied up with Wall Street. Her vote to authorize the Iraq War will also be something that'll try to be used against her in the primary, mostly by Lincoln Chaffee and any other candidate running to her left (which will be almost anyone). I'm not going to be voting for Hillary in the primary unless she proves to me she's less hawkish on foreign policy and is more liberal than I think she is, but if she is the Democratic candidate in the election after a primary win (I don't like to have a party coronate a candidate that won a one horse race), I will vote for her over any of the candidates the GOP will nominate.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am glad to see her giving it another try. I think she would make, and be, a good president. If I could vote, she certainly would get my vote for the nomination and presidency.

4. Gen

Gen

I might have some grievances with a few of her views, as I almost always do when it comes to candidates, but I have never understood the "Hillary-Hysteria".

Far more people appear to be searching for reasons why she will be the worst president in history rather than actually contrasting her with the other candidates. We can talk all day about why we aren't in love with her, but that has never been a problem throughout the rest of history. Of course, we will have our grievances, but we are here to pick the best candidate available. It is perfectly fine to not be thrilled about her possible win, but it most certainly wouldn't be the first time we've had an inadequate president if that is the case.

5. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am glad she is running and hope that she victorious. However we need a competitive primary despite risks involved because i personally love political competition and this election won't be fun without one. What Hilary need to also is be on defense. Republicans are attacking her left and right and just hoping the issue will go away won't help her in the long run. She need to tell them to go fuck themselves on camera and hit state by state. Yes I do wish more politicians would use honest brutal words to defend themselves.

I think also Hillary will be a better president in than Obama and the narrative that she is exactly like Obama is just not true. She is more cautious, smarter and more independent than Obama and I think she will have a better ability to work with congress. Bill Clinton needs to get in there and defend the attacks against him and Hillary. They need to get serious and nasty because for what it's worth it is hard to elect a another demcratic president after eight years of that party leadership.

6. Vesalius

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's such a cliché approach to take when talking about Hillary Clinton but I would love to see a woman President in the U.S. Woman are so under represented in politics and hopefully her election could set a precedent around the world.

7. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    There seems to be just a pattern of the two parties changing power in the house, senate, and white house. Now that there's so many conservatives angry about liberal policies, and factoring in the scandals that Hillary has been accused of, I'd say she doesn't stand much of a chance. There is a fair amount of liberals who also hate Hillary, and unless she can bring up some compelling cases that work in her favor, she doesn't stand a chance.

8. starfish

I've mentioned it here before but I am not a fan of Hillary Clinton, I would really like to see some of the democratic Governors throw their hat into the ring. Espically Mark Dayton of Minnesota.

9. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In all honestly it it does not need to just be about Hillary. Bring in Jim Webb, Martin O Malley or Bernie Sanders and let's hear their ideas. People may say a competitive primary is a bad thing but history is different in a lot of those scenarios. Jimmy Carter's loss in 1980 all had to with Jimmy Carter and his failure as president it had nothing to do with the fact he faced a primary challenge from Ted Kennedy. Some democrats honestly consider Carter a failure such as Sen.Tom Harkin who the Iowa Senate election in 1984 during a Reagan landslide.

But what Hillary needs to is be the Anti-Obama and Anti-Bush rolled into one. Meaning she needs to build her own narrative and american dream and than she can win. Cause in all Honestly Obama is not a team member he is alone on most of his policies and is bad at working with Congress. Not to say Boehner and Mcconell are any good either. But when you have democrats such as Schumer and Menendez telling the president "wait a minute we need congress to get together on this" and the president has really no interest in that it shows a lack of leadership. But that is another topic for another day. Hillary needs to defensive, smart and loud and be her own person because I know she has it in her.

---------- Post added 12th Apr 2015 at 01:26 PM ----------

He would make a good president but i rather have Dayton finish out his term as my governor because he is a excellent governor.

10. lukeluvznicki13

Best of luck to her :slight_smile:

11. photoguy93

I knew it was coming, but it still made me so excited when I saw the video! It totally gave me chills!

I will most likely be voting for her. I don't know of anyone else that has a chance (as a Democrat). This process will be long but I'm excited for the ride!

12. 741852963

Good for her. As American politicians go I quite like Hillary.

The only concern is timing. It will be 8 years since her last bid for presidency, and she is 67 now (she is looking well I must add). The oldest President to be elected was Reagan at only 69 so that may act as a real disadvantage in our ageist world. Particularly the case if she is up against a "young gun" Democrat competitor (as was the case with Obama) or opposition like Paul Ryan (who I'm sure would win at least a fair few votes purely from being handsome and fitting a "healthy All-American" image) .

13. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Age means nothing in politics. When have a bunch of crabby 80 year old republicans still in congress I refuse to judge a politician by their age. As long as they are a democrat or at least a moderate they stay as long as they like but republicans should please retire at at least by age 65. Enough of grumpy old people or republicans lol.

14. 741852963

I think though for the wider electorate it may be a problem (if younger candidates are on the ballot). Times have changed a lot since Reagan was elected, and we are now far more image focused (as demonstrated in my other thread), partly I think due to technology making images more focal than words. I think particularly with Hillary being a woman in this campaign she might come under such scrutiny unfortunately. Mind you she does have a young spirit so hopefully that will come though.

15. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No I disagree. A young republican who is anti gay and anti abortion is not gonna attract young voters, women and minorities no matter what. People do not vote based on age in politics in all honesty and here is a list of senators for example in all age groups. It s the politics that matter not the age.

As of April 11, 2015, 5 senators are in their 80s, 18 are in their 70s, 32 are in their 60s, 30 are in their 50s, 14 are in their 40s, and 1 is in his 30s.

16. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wait I have a question so if Hilary became president would her husband be called "first man?"

17. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    She repeatedly backstabs the ones she once said to represent, the women. She has a bigger crush on Wall Street than I have on the lead singer of Babymetal.
    She is a war criminal and should be tried at the Hague and shall by no means lead a people.

18. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The proper terminology would be the First Gentleman of The United States.

19. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Fire up the Wall Street Super PACs!

20. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [​IMG]

I made my endorsement a while back. I'm for Hillary.