1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Huckabee: Gay Rights Movement Hasn't Met Violence Threshold

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Wander, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UkXo9tCv48[/YOUTUBE]

What a fool. He must not have an Internet connection, a working television, access to a newspaper, or the top half of his brain. The brutal beatings of Matthew Shephard, the shooting and killing of Lawrence King, the assassination of Harvey Milk (spoilers), and the constant gay bashings that happen every minute around the world do not amount to violence? It's not hard to see that Huckabee's ridiculous comments are weak coverups for his own homophobia.

And a reminder, Mikey: "redefining an institution" is not something new to this country. Marriage was already "redefined" once before to allow biracial couples to marry, which was formerly considered an abomination and a sin by fundy pricks like you.

No wonder he was my least favorite person in the entire election process. It's minds like his that are keeping us at the back of the figurative bus.

EDIT: Feel free to open the actual video page and one-star it. Somehow it still has one and a half.

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I saw this yesterday. What an idiot. Somebody needs to clue this guy in on the violence that happens to glbt people everyday!

3. EM68

I did not see the show, but I saw Huckabee's show on Fox. I generally like him but I was offended by his coverage of Prop 8. He had all Christian spokes people on his panel but no one form the LBGT community. He basically said that Prop 8 was not anti gay but an affirmation that marriage is between a man an a woman. Also he was bring up a couple of violent episodes during the protests. It was a load of crap.

4. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He's a friggin' moron. And I really hated him when he was running for president and when he appeared on Tyra, he was all like "homosexuality is abnormal" but he still wanted votes from gays. Are you kidding me, Huckabee? :bang:

5. Yeah he was one of those extremist fundies that I didn't like in the least. It's his types that really irritate me.

6. Amy

Amy

I don't think I really need to comment on this assanine, moronic bigot.

7. Miles D

ooh this is what you were talking about Amy. BLECH!!

8. VomAnderenUfer

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    and
    Try again, @$$hole. Maybe when we start hearing "that's SO Christian" or there are Christians afraid to reveal their beliefs for fear of being thrown out of their families or possibly beaten or murdered, I'll give his arguments some merit.

9. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah and Huckabee's considering a run for president again in 2012... Ha.

10. Daakota

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is pretty ridiculous... why does the gay rights movement even have to meet a violence threshold? I didn't see the video, because I don't have speakers on my computer... but even if we hadn't lost one soul because of homosexuality, would our fight for equal rights be any less or less important? I don't think so. That is a horrible argument in my opinion.

We have to watch out too, because he is mounting his 2012 campaign here in a few months. He plans to go to Iowa after his book is released for his book tour. Going up to Iowa is a sure fire sign someone is planning to run for president in the next election, or that they are strongly considering it. He cannot get the nomination at all! I am conservative and he was my least favorite candidate running, Republicans AND democrats!