1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Rand Paul

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by atomiczombie757, Apr 14, 2015.

1. atomiczombie757

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    this man knows what he is doing. great views on how to fix the economy and isn't against the LGBT community. a republican, conservative who actually said he doesn't care if same-sex marriage is legal, and also said, "People ought to be treated fairly" when asked about same sex marriage. he isn't also a total idiot like Hillary Clinton.

2. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    umm sorry but that is far from the truth. Just last week he said people should not have rights based on behavior and voiced support for the Religious freedom law. He is nothing but a flip flopping homophobe who claims to fight for liberty.

3. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Rand is a Anti-LGBT Jackass just like the rest of them.

4. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'd actually prefer Ben Carson over Rand Paul. (Carson apologized for saying being gay is a choice and affirmed his support for civil unions). Paul could care less what he says about LGBT people and would ban gay marriage for everyone if he could. So no thank you to Paul!

5. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is utter bullshit to me. Ben Carson meant what he said and his apology meant nothing. I am a moderate and would be for a republican if they are pro-gay but now the whole potential filed of republicans are anti gay bigots and there is no way to sugar coat it. Yeah how nice he supports civil unions but nope can't have gay marriage. All just bullshit.

6. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Idk, think what you want but this is what he said. I don't think we should constantly consider apologies to mean nothing. Nonetheless, his policy is still better than what Paul wants.

(retrieved quote from his Facebook page)

7. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So what the only way I would ever vote for him is if he supported federal recognition of gay marriage. IF they leave it to the states a couple cannot move state to state cause there marriage won't be vaild. So no his apology is not accepted!

8. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's actually redundant because the Supreme Court will decide the very issue on states banning gay marriage this summer. When it comes to Republicans, LGBT supporters shouldn't be too picky. There's a very small chance a Republican who supports same-sex marriage would be elected. The fact that there's one who supports civil unions and would abide to a court ruling in favor of it is good enough, especially because Carson is quite popular among Republican voters.

9. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Very true. It is impossible to elect a pro gay marriage republican but maybe in the future like 50 years down the road. Anyway Carson may get some popularity and be 2016's Herman Cain but he wont' last long anyway. Even if that is true about him I wouldn't trust it anyway and would have to see it for myself to believe it. Republicans have a worse history of flip flopping than democrats so i fail to trust Carson or any other republican's judgement unless they are a proven supporter of gay rights such as Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski, or Rob Porman.

10. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I can agree with this. The only reason I feel so strongly about this is because I honestly think the Republicans will win in 2016. Although I will question how firmly Carson stands on some issues, he seems much better when compared to the other GOP candidates.

11. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah 2016 is gonna be a battle. Especially if John Kasich of Ohio or Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio of Florida get the nomination. Being that Ohio and Florida are top battleground states.

12. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think that you are confused about Rand Paul's views, OP. Rand Paul has said that he is "offended" by same sex marriage, and has called it a "moral crisis". He has also supported amending the Constitution to ban same sex marriage. He is not a friend of the LGBTQ community, and is not a real libertarian.

13. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wouldn't consider voting for a person who wants to abolish the civil rights act

14. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think were basically screwed either way. :slight_smile:

15. Psaurus918

I don't know whose worse Rand Paul or Ted Cruz. Cruz is openly against gay marriage and Rand is too busy flip flopping to take anything he says seriously

16. Ashleigh16

Are there any republican leaders who support gay marriage? I'm a conservative but obviously don't agree with most on this issue. I'm meeting Ben Carson tomorrow. Does anyone have any suggestions about what to ask him? And meanwhile who even if they're not presidential candidates are conservative and support LGBT rights? I plan to go into politics so trying to figure this out

17. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    There are a fair number of conservatives who support LGBT rights. As I said previously on this thread, Ben Carson supports some LGBT rights (civil unions). If you're wondering about Republicans that openly support same-sex marriage, then it's a much smaller number. There's currently no presidential GOP candidates that support same-sex marriage. If you want to know about which GOP congressmen support gay marriage, there's a quite few such as Rob Dold and Mark Kirk (both from Illinois).

Since you're meeting Ben Carson, there's many questions you should rally up if you're looking for answers about LGBT rights! Try asking him about his position regarding LGBT inclusive non-discrimination laws like ENDA and how far he's willing to extend civil benefits to same-sex couples.

#17 Skaros, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  18. Ashleigh16

I will do that! Thanks so much. I'm just a bit nervous asking in front of my friend/chairman of the Lexington county teenage GOP group since I'm vice chair and I'm not out at all. But I can ask generally without taking sides. And in 2016 one little town near the SC Capitol may have a bisexual conservative council member :slight_smile: