1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Iran's Rouhani: Congress 'not our problem'

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by dano218, Apr 15, 2015.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Iran's Rouhani: Congress 'not our problem' | TheHill

As much as I hope a Iran is successful a leader that objects to a congressional review is worth being skeptical about. I don't about how anybody feels about this but I don't trust this Iran leader and rather trust the Israeli leader Netanyahu anyday.

2. Aquilo

I agree on this point with Iran, if Congress decides it wants to change the deal after it has been signed, that's Obama's problem. It'd be a bit weird when you're negotiating to give the other side extra benefits because of their internal divisions..

On Iran's willingness to actually create an atomic bomb:

http://armscontrolcenter.org/public...irans_nuclear_and_ballistic_missile_programs/

Iran has been able to produce atomic bombs in 3-18 months for quite some time. They have the range to hit Egypt, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Israël, their main enemies.

Their enemies already have access to the bomb (Israël & Pakistan), allies willing to give them the bomb (Saudi Arabia could get Pakistani bombs) or are allied with nuclear powers (All of them).

Now I'm just speculating, but it seems Iran doesn't actually want an atomic bomb at this time, but just the threat of being able to get one in a short time span. Else they would have produced one by now (N-Korea was able to build one before Iran even though they imported nuclear knowledge from Iran and are a lot poorer).

Probably they want the threat, so that if they are attacked they could quickly build one and use that to force peace (as Iran is less powerful than the surrounding Sunni countries) and they like it for propaganda purposes internally.

They might not actually want to build it now, because then it would give their enemies the excuse to build ones of their own and because it could mean the removal of the sanctions.