1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Anti-LGBT Legal Powerhouse behind "religious freedom" laws and LGBT criminalization

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by RainDreamer, Apr 16, 2015.

1. RainDreamer

How An Extreme Anti-LGBT Legal Powerhouse Is Working To Enact "Religious Freedom" Laws | Blog | Media Matters for America

They are trying to turn this into a battle, not just in America, but all over the world. Is their bigotry knows no bound?

2. action160

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Anti-LGBT Legal Powerhouse behind "religious freedom" laws and LGBT criminalizati

What can we do? How can we over come their tactics?

3. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Anti-LGBT Legal Powerhouse behind "religious freedom" laws and LGBT criminalizati

Social terrorism. They are terrorists.

4. Im Hazel

If I wasn't aware of the effects of this organization, I would think that it was a conspiracy theory. How is that even legal!

5. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

One way is to support groups like the ACLU, The HRC, and the SPLC. All of these groups fight to defend and advance gay/minority rights.

And fortunately, they are better funded than the ADF, and we need to keep it this way. These Christian extremists must be stopped.

#5 HuskyPup, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  6. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Kinda makes you wonder if the guys are pulling that attorney's strings in California. Y'know, the one that wants to kill us all with bullets to the head. The Sodomite Suppression Act. It's intention is also to criminalize homosexuality to the extent of warranting a death penalty and execution.

But deciding to take their bullshit to other parts of the world? Are they so desperate? I mean, jeez. When will these idiots leave us the fuck alone. Go play a gameboy or something.

7. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

arfff

lol i thought this kind of crap only happens is my country.

earlier this year the Indonesian Moslem council of theologists (Majelis Ulama Indonesia/MUI) declared their support for the initiation of whiplash to death penalty punishment to gay people all across indonesia. but thank god the such bill never pass due to human right act.

currently there are only 2 places where gays got punished here in indonesia
    1. Aceh Province : 100 whiplashes and 100 month prison time
    2. Palembang, Capital City of Southern Sumatran Province: 6 month prison time and IDR 5 million fine

couldn't imagine if this kind of crap happens across the globe.
    its gonna be horrible

if they dont like what we do then they should just leave us alone. dont add another piece of crap to my bowl.

8. action160

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Do you know about the guy that wanted to "take the rainbow back"? Apparently he was one of the instigators for the laws and recent violence in Uganda. His name is Scott Lively, president of the anti-LGBT rights group Defend the Family.

Because of his actions people have been hurt and terrorized, he needs to go to jail.

"Before his influential trip to East Africa, Mr Lively was best known for his 1995 book, The Pink Swastika: Homosexuality in the Nazi Party, which asserted that Hitler and other leading Nazis were gay, and that their homosexuality inspired German militarism and the Holocaust. In March 2009, he spent five hours addressing the Ugandan parliament."

"Rev Kaoma, who surreptitiously filmed one of Mr Lively’s seminars, said, “He brought to Uganda this new narrative of the so-called ‘international gay agenda’… You might think, ‘Is he out of his mind?’ But people believed him, [and] the narrative since 2009 has been about protecting children from homosexuals.”"

"Shortly after Mr Lively’s visit, Ugandan MP David Bahati introduced the first draft of the Uganda Anti-Homosexuality Bill, which included the death penalty for “serial offenders”. Mr Bahati is a member of The Family, a secretive evangelical group based in Washington DC, whose ranks include current and former US lawmakers, and which also has a close relationship with President Museveni."

9. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Scott Lively needs to be arrested, and tried for global human rights violations.

10. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

^ Isn't he set for trial?

In any case, I'm not so sure this is news. The people who wrote the first draft of Indiana's bill were notoriously anti-LGBT, and then cried out "oppression!" when Pence, a Republican, demanded that they change it. That newer draft didn't go through the house, if I remember.

11. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

He isn't welcome in Canada, we turned that scumbag away at the border...

12. TheHesitantAlien

"Protecting children from homosexuals"???? Will everyone please just STOP with the homosexual = pedophile delusion! If they just talked to a gay person for fuck's sake, they'd know that wasn't even remotely true! Sorry for my language, but thus shit just makes me sick with anger!

13. Moonflower

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

We must always be vigilant against hatred and bigotry. it's important that we remember that no matter how much things may have improved here in the States, there are, first of all, areas of this county where things are still behind the times, and the truth is a large number of people in the world still live under very repressive sodomy laws. Thank you for this post to remind us that even if this group ends up powerless here (and I do hope so) that there are so many places in the world where basic human rights are still an issue.

14. XxSunXDragonxX

I wish people could put all those bigoted :***: on their own little island. That way they would have religious freedom, and they would also leave us alone. It's a win-win. :lol:

15. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

If the same things happened to heterosexuals, there would be a global outrage.

They love to dish it out, but I bet they couldn't take it. Say, there was an "Overpopulation Suppression Act" that made straight sex illegal. These same people would flip their shit. Hypocrites.

And since many of them love Theology so much, why don't we fire the entire functional government and appoint a bunch of cultists? Surely that will work with no issues, because theology is so efficient, right?

16. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Being an atheist I look at their argument like this. "The law should allow me to be a bigot because I have an imaginary friend"

:tantrum:

17. ChameleonSoul

[​IMG]

18. Formality

So... They are basically fighting for people to be killed or imprisoned for loving another person?

19. White Rose

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning

Yes. :eusa_doh:

They're saying that so-called religious freedom is far more important than the respect of BASIC human rights.
    Better to chop a person's head off put him/her in jail or whatever than offend bigots.
    Nuts.

20. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people

Bigotry at its best, I'm wondering how far these retards can go. The worst thing is that they use religion for their sick cause. It's a freaking crusade all over again, this time targeting LGBT.