1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News HRC "We Are on the Verge of Making History"

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Broods, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Broods

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    April 28th marks the start of a potentially historic LGBT same-sex marriage case in the US. In the case of Obergefell v Hodges the Human Rights Campaign reports:

Here is the video about the case: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjLM93vQbtU

And the FAQ about the case: Frequently Asked Questions about the Upcoming Marriage Equality Case at the U.S. Supreme Court | Human Rights Campaign

For all my American friends, I sincerely hope this ends the right way. I know I will definitely be following the case closely :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

2. CyclingFan

Clinton running again is going to make it even harder to know which HRC we are talking about. :slight_smile:

3. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm 99% sure they will at the very least rule in favor of recognizing same-sex marriage performed out of state. Justice Kennedy did make a strong statement on how he believes that treating same-sex couples and their families as less than equal is unconstitutional. (In his majority opinion in Windsor v. United States). However, Justice Kennedy is also a firm believer in states rights, and I wouldn't be surprised if he says states don't have to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples. But of course, if same-sex marriage is recognized in all 50 states but not performed, then it's just a slippery slope until they all legalize it.

At first I was like "What?". Then... I realized what you meant. Hilariously reasonable comment. :wink: