1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Gay Men 'Ex-gay' Group Fights Against Marriage Equality

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Firephyz, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Firephyz

A group calling themselves the "same-sex attracted men and their wives" are urging the Supreme Court to rule against marriage equality in regards to the issue's consideration this summer by the court. The men apparently fully accept their identity as being gay but make the conscious choice to marry women instead. They stress that it is possible to lead a happy and hopefully life with a marriage lasting many years and accompanied with children.
    It seems to me that much of their motivation behind going against their natural attractions and marrying women stems from their desire to have a normal life with children. I don't understand why some people feel the urge to force their life upon others through hard cold legislation. Just let people live how they want. Now this, in my opinion, is the prime example of a "lifestyle choice". The video I provide largely summarizes how I feel about the issue.

Same-Sex Attracted Men, 'Ex-Gay' Group Urge Supreme Court To Rule Against Marriage Equality

Covered by the Young Turks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoVTinA__GY

#1 Firephyz, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  2. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    These is very messed up but i rather feel sorry for them than judge them. The fact they feel the need to live in denial and self hatred is sad and that they feel they have a choice in the matter. God made me people gay and God created people in his image and his everlasting love for all people is always present and this kind of hate and deniai is bigoted and unchristian. But in all reality it should mostly be about minding your damn business and basically letting people to what they simply desire. I am not saying it is a sin or anything I am just making a point but this is how homophobes should look at it "if they want to go to hell let them" and "if they want to engage in sodomy type acts let them" and focus on your own relationship with God which is what matters most. You are not the king or Queen of sin and you are a god believing sinner just like every else and every sin is equal. That is the root if all these problems some christians have they make certain so called sins more worse or higher the on the scale and that is flat out wrong. End of rant!

3. QuixoticSJ

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Just as a point of information, the Catholic Church as an example, defines at least two tiers of sin, "mortal" and "venial", each having different implications. So it isn't just people, it's the institutions too.

As for the resistance, every civil rights movement faces the opposition's last biggest gasp just before the imminent conclusion, so while it's ugly, it's kind of a good sign. With luck we should see a federal law before too much longer.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They claim it's possible to deny your same-sex attractions and force yourself to live as heterosexual. Nothing new there - people with same-sex attractions have been doing it for centuries. The real question is - why should we have to?

Lex