1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Woman claims to represent God against gay marriage

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Wander, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/courts/supreme/highprofile/documents/s168047-letter-denial-heaven.pdf

Only the first eight pages have much weight to them, but...this is really ****ing ridiculous. She claims that she is the sole heiress to God on Earth and that gays and lesbians must not marry because God decreed that humans must multiply to fill the Earth. I could go into a long rant on how the Earth is already full and homosexuals are able to produce children through surrogacy and how infertile/sterile/senior/anti-reproduction couples are still able to marry, but I think you've already heard that. So I'll just sit here and listen to what you have to say.

2. STK

STK Guest

REALLY?! They'll take up the case of somebody who claims to represent something that doesn't exist?

3. Linkmaste

I want to say I'm sorry on behalf of the idoits there who claim their Catholic. I'm Catholic but I dont believe in thinking the bible is real or anything. Basically their just a cult and ugh I just hate relgion in general. Everyone should have a different opinion and be able to express it in a non hurtful way. Honestly why must they try to prove themselves right if they think their right then they should just go on with their lives and stop telling others this crap.

4. What's there to say? I can think of very few people who wouldn't think she's an idiot.

5. Seanboy23

BRING IT ON!!

I hope we see much more of this, MUCH MUCH more!

Every nutjob who comes forward like this, especially in the guise of "religion", will only help to solidify the growing belief and discovery that the main forces behind the "Yes on 8" campaign were self-serving propoganda machines with little to no noble purpose driving their efforts. "Special Interest Group", to be sure...

It should be noted that I have no problem with religion and spirituality; in fact, it was connecting with my own spirituality and going to church - !!!!! - that helped in my coming out process. These people, though... that's not religion, or practicing faith, and certainly not "Godliness".

6. BeautifulStranger

Why does everyone bring god into this?
    1.) He doesn't exist (in my humble oppinion)
    2.) Religion and the state are supposed to be seperate powers.

It's the Gov't that binds you together and makes the marriage official.
    You don't need a church to get married... or a priest... or any of that religious bull.

7. Trumpetplyer23

One word. BULLSHIT.

Not only because of the reasons you listed...But, because no one person can be the 'sole heir/heiress to God'. It's impossible...God would never give one human that much power. He's not stupid guys....gosh, people should really grow a brain...or attempt to at least.

I mean, I believe in God and I don't think this is in his 'master plan' or whatever.

Second..Like TJ said, church and state are supposed to be SEPERATE...Sadly, no one seems to remember that part of the Constitution...

8. Jesse Jinx

HOLY SHITTLESTICKS.

This woman is INSANE. Religion teaches you to be humble, not claim to be the authority on love and rights. She sounds like a cult leader.

I can't believe that there's is famine, death, war, drought, floods, greed and disease out there, and IDOITS like this are concerned with the "wrong kind" of LOVE?!

I don't hate religion, but I sure do hate what it does to people sometimes.

9. Nugget

God likes copulation. That's why the people who worship Him on Earth go to Heaven; so they can worship Him sum moar. And the more, the merrier, right?

10. Blaz

Blaz Guest

:frowning2:. . . There seems to be some degree of ignorance(Though to a greater extent in one area) on both sides of the argument.

11. Nugget

Do you know not the wonders of sarcasm?

12. Exactly. How can there be a wrong kind of love. It simply can't be so.

13. Nitro

Just a quick word here folks - her submission was as an amicus curiae - which, to the best of my understanding of US legal tradition, was neither solicited by either party, nor does it make her a party involved in the case. The courts are given the discretion to accept or reject her testimony.

What makes this document an interesting read is this organization's version of the "facts". But while on the topic of facts, maybe I should submit my own:

Exhibit A:

Psalms 37:11
    Exhibit B:
    Logic: GLBT are often under provocation from others, yet overall remain humble, patient, and, relative to the hate, docile. Therefore we will inherit the earth. Seeing that God has not been forwarding as much in the way of memos as of late, we should be granted full stewardship of the estate.

Now to make some changes around here ...

14. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That sounded like something out of a comedy...

Uh, "Destroy" the Almighty Etermal Creator's ongoing creation of human life?? I wasn't aware that homosexuality was a form of murder...

15. Derek the Wolf

*sigh* stupid people make me sadface.

16. trikuriboh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ... that gays and lesbians must not marry because God decreed that humans must multiply to fill the Earth.
    wow she says that and well the Earth is already to some scientists full lol

17. trikuriboh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    sorry didn't know how to quote right I guess it's from WANDER

18. TheRoof

lol she has some serious psychological problems.:roflmao:
    it's so amusing when crazy people talk like that, it makes them look even stupider

19. Odradek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That is a bunch of BULLSHIT!!!!

20. littledinosaurs

We can all be comforted that if there is a god she'll be going straight to hell for claiming to be God. :slight_smile: