1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Marco Rubio says being gay is not a choice

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by dano218, Apr 20, 2015.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Marco Rubio: Sexual preference is "something that people are born with" - CBS News

Sounds promising but hopefully Rubio will soon realize people should not be punished for not having that choice by not allowing them to marry. But of course that logic is probably not within him. He already said despite disagreeing with gay marriage he would attend a gay wedding because of his respect for the person and love for them.

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He obviously wants it both ways; he wants to appeal to the young who overwhelmingly support marriage equality, while satisfying the religious constituency that will be the backbone of every republican candidate's primaries. The way these guys contort theological ideas to suit their political purposes is hilarious.

Let it be said clearly: one is not gay in isolation, the whole point of being gay is in one's relationships, and if one can't elevate a same-sex relationship above mere co-habitation, i.e. if a gay person can't marry, with all the attendant privileges and obligations marriage entails, he or she cannot be fully gay. Period.

3. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Exactly. It is very stupid of him i think.

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's almost hypocritical. Oh well.

5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is very important to understand their understanding of homosexuality vs. our own; they think it's only about sex, we know it's a hell of a lot more than that.

This is the crux of the matter: it's not that they can't accept us for what we are, it's that they can't accept that we can form committed relationships that are just as deep and loving as those (sometimes) enjoyed by heterosexuals.

Until they stop seeing homosexuality as some kind of disease that somehow tragically befell us (and for which we deserve their "love"), or some kind of moral affliction that compels us to act the way we do; until that day comes, they will continue this twisted logic, ad infinitum.

6. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't trust him.

He's said loud and clear that he's against gay marriage. And by extension, against equal rights. He will fight to roll back progress and no doubt surround himself with anti-gay politicos.

He is not the candidate we're looking for; he strikes me as a young, smarmy, overly-eager frat-boy, trying to prove himself, and he's not fooling me.

7. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't trust him either. Saying being gay is not a choice and he dos not support gay marriage in the same sentence is enough to question his sanity. We need Jim Webb as president. Hillary lied about her immigration ancestors and should go home she is embarrassing me.

8. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like every other Republican who has thrown their hat into the race: I don't trust Marco Rubio. He seems like he'll sell himself out to anyone that will promise to vote for him.

9. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone