1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Anti climate change politicians compared to slave holders

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by dano218, Apr 20, 2015.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. Vesalius

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm confused about this article. Unemployment is a very serious issue but you can't ignore climate change just to save a few jobs. Costs may be higher but that is the price we have to pay for generations of people ravaging the environment for coal and oil.

3. Gen

Gen

I am very pro-increased environmental regulations; but slave holders? Not the best word usage. We don't need to use shock-value to make our case for the need for stricter regulations. We have literally all of reputable science behind us.

4. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Republicans don't always listen to science (I.e Senator Inhofe who actually thinks the earth is cooling). This wasn't the best word choice, but it shouldn't undermine our position at all.

Also dano, renewable energy is a fast growing and booming energy industry. If we try to tackle climate change we would create millions of jobs over the course of our nation's future. While I'm not saying the work of coal worker's is worth less than anyone else's work, if it's sensible to cut dirty energy jobs in favour of renewable I see no need to choose coal, oil and natural gas, which increase carbon emissions and make our environment less safe.

In another side towards Mitch McTurtle, I find it hilarious he believes this is a new low, seeing as how he has held up the confirmation of the next Attorney General Loretta Lynch because Democrats won't vote for a human trafficking bill that won't provide abortion procedures to victims of trafficking. That's pretty scummy if you ask me.

5. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Yeah that's possible but I still remain skeptical. I know first hand how hard is to lose your job and not find another one. If you don't find another job and its very possible in this economy the poverty will increase along with the homeless rate and among other things. Also where coal is a big job creator the poverty rate is very high such as Kentucky and West Virginia where poverty is extremely high and they are one of the most economically depressed states in the country. I cannot make those facts about having lived there myself and seeing the poverty first hand which lead to drug abuse and other crimes which is also very high down there. But if environmental safety is worth the poverty and drug abuse than I guess I cannot say anymore. OF course you can create clean energy jobs and I agree that is a great solution but I am not seeing it happen.