1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Cruz: Women's Hymens should grow back every time they have sex with a different man

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by HuskyPup, Apr 22, 2015.

1. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Republican Ted Cruz, speaking in 2001, thought this was awfully funny! And a reflection of the sexist pig he is:

"A New York Times piece about the Republican presidential contender’s time on the Princeton University debate team is making the rounds this morning, with a lot of attention being paid to this passage:

Mr. Cruz’s own attempts at humor sometimes missed the mark. In one debate, he proposed a method to detect infidelity, in which God should “give women a hymen that grows back every time she has intercourse with a different guy, because that will be a ‘visible sign’ of the breach of trust,” according to a recollection by David Kennedy published in a Harvard debate team reunion booklet in 2001."

Full story here:

Ted Cruz, creepy misogynist: The “hymen” joke that perfectly reflects his odious worldview - Salon.com

And people wonder why Republicans scare women, minorities, and and the majority of sensible people away.

2. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Re: Cruz: Women's Hymens should grow back every time they have sex with a different m

The only reason why I don't find this funny is because I don't know what a hymen is...

3. RainDreamer

Re: Cruz: Women's Hymens should grow back every time they have sex with a different m

Sometimes I feel like this guy is just saying stupid things for the sake of being stupid.

4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

It's not funny for those of us who do know. That guy is a disgusting pig.

5. Im Hazel

I honestly don't see the funny side. That is just disgusting...

6. 741852963

Good god, and I've just looked and he is running for President?!

What a creepy man.

A broken hyman isn't even an indicator that a woman is non-virgin either. Even virginal women can have broken or stretched hymans for a number of reasons, horseriding/intensive exercise, using sex toys, injury, pap smears etc.

7. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Yep, this is a prime example of the sort of religious right Republicans we have running this time around...Cruz is especially creepy, along with the likes of Mike Huckabee, Rick Perry and Ben Carson, probably the most overtly, openly so.

But I wouldn't be fooled by Paul, Rubio, Walker or Bush, who are also not at all champions of equal rights for women, or people in the LGBT community...

8. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

That's what it is? Wow, I'm really clueless about the female sexual anatomy, even for Gay man standards...

9. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Even getting past how he looks like Joseph McCarthy, Cruz is maybe the creepiest politician I've heard and seen.

10. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

Ted Cruz is a piece of shit, nothing new here

11. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

The amount of people who don't even understand how the hymen physically works is another thing...

12. Gymskirtboy

Gymskirtboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Cruz or Motelguy? LOL!!!!:icon_bigg

13. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

I didn't even know what hymen meant until I looked it up 30 seconds ago on google.

14. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people

Kinda funny to see people here who didn't know what a hymen was :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Glad I had sex ed before I started being homeschooled, not sure if my parents would've taught me that one lol

But Ted Cruz has no excuse. He's not going to win the presidency, though, so not to worry :wink:

15. Psaurus918

What's sad is they're women out there that will still vote for him.

16. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

Tragic that women still believe they must sacrifice their happiness under compliance even with the amount of progress we have accomplished. Many great minds can develop if they had the willpower to use their freedom.

17. O.Snap!

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

WOW -- this Cruz guy sounds like a true moron. And yes, I do know what a hymen is. I'm bi and the proud daddy of a 3 year old little girl that I made "the old fashioned way."

18. Flatulentius

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people

Ted Cruz is not funny, and I can only hope that he's as dumb as he comes off with statements like this. I can only hope that he has no chance at the presidency!

On another note, one of the best drag queen names I've ever heard was "Madame von Brokenhymen." :grin:

19. Adarya

I think he has a fundamental misunderstanding of how the hymen works. And it has always surprised me that so many people don't know what the hymen is. Then again, I sort of had to teach myself sex-ed since my parents never talked to me about it, and my health teachers only ever talked about periods. They mentioned the hymen once without explaining that it can actually cover part of the vaginal opening (which I feel is a pretty crazy thing that people - especially those with vaginas - should know about).

The hymen also can't show for sure whether a person is a virgin or not. He is very mislead if he believes that :lol:

20. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I would love it if the tables were turned and a woman said something equally as disgusting as this! What a pathetic waste of space!!!