1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Brazilian police torture and humiliate transwoman

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by 741852963, Apr 24, 2015.

1. 741852963

Brazil trans woman stripped, shaved and disfigured in police beating | Gay Star News

Absolutely disgusting. I've put torture in the title, as "beating" really belittles what those officers did to this woman.

The police allege the events took place after she attacked a police officer and a struggle commenced. Really? So the only way for multiple officers to subdue this one person was to punch them repeatedly in the face, strip and shave her? The latter acts are beyond cruel, especially as photos show she was in an environment surrounded by men, and one of the other prisoners actually has an mid-length afro (so clearly any hygiene or health and safety arguments are BS).

These police need to be fired for either the horrific acts they have done, or for their utter incompetence at not being able to restrain a criminal using reasonable force.

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

That photo is absolutely horrifying. That poor woman.

3. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm heart broken and speechless...

4. 741852963

It is, and what is worse is the photo of her being subjected to this treatment which has been shown in other articles. I have chosen not to post the link here as I really think it would be too upsetting for a lot of people.

It really matters not whether she was a criminal - the police are supposed to uphold the law and protect people. They have done the opposite. Even if their version of events were true and she did attack an officer (I doubt it, or if so there was probably provocation based on this end result), this is miles away from an appropriate response. You pull someones arm, you tackle them to the ground, you taser them if need be. You do not mutilate their face.

5. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's horrifying. Those police need to be put in a mental institute for the rest of there life.

6. Im Hazel

That is the worst thing I have read in a long while. I knew that Brazil was corrupt and terrible (I have family over there and a friend is 1/2 brazilian), but not that terrible. Why would anyone ever do that to anyone? I just want to cry now...

7. 741852963

It seems a rather fickle country to me (although I suppose that could be explained by the geographic size and diversity of its people).

On one hand you have shocking reports and statistics of homophobic sentiment, inequalities, and violence/murder against LGBT. Then you have the whole carnival culture, and for want of a better word the rather overt "metrosexuality" that many men display that is simply accepted as a norm. To outsiders it appears a liberal paradise, yet under the surface things are much darker.

8. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That sucks...

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The world is slowly going to shit, and it's killing me.

10. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Her story is similar to Jennifer Laude's case. Power tripping from the armed forces are getting worse. The government should take serious action to this. I hope they would prioritize this case.

11. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This might explain why so many trans murders in Brazil go unsolved...