1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBTQ Holidays

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by greyundrstndng, Nov 22, 2008.

1. I am involved in a newly formed GLBT group and would like to have a calendar of as many LGBT related days and holidays that our group can celebrate and be aware of.
    examples:
    national coming out day
    ally week
    transgender day of remembrance
    etc

and names and dates would be amazing of course!!!
    Thanks!:icon_bigg

2. Wikipedia has a few that can hopefully start off your list.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    World Aids Day - Dec. 1st
    Freedom to Marry Week - the week of Valentine's Day

4. ElizabethAnne

Hey guys,
    based on the popular myth that lesbian relationships move 7 times as fast as heterosexual relationships, my girlfriend and I decided to have lesbian days - every 52.14 days ( = 365/7), seven lesbian celebrations per year!!

It give us something to look forward to, plan special, memorable dates, allows us to celebrate our lesbian-ness, and also have a good laugh that this myth gave us something good.

Hopefully it will inspire you to celebrate!
    The Lesbian Days are:
    January 1
    February 22
    April 14
    June 5
    July 27
    September 17
    November 8.

Or feel free to change to any permutation on this you'd like (eg start on the day you first started dating etc)
    Enjoy!
    Liz.

5. Thanks for the help! ElizabethAnne I LOVE your idea! could we use this for our group? it would be so much fun! thanks again
    metta

6. ElizabethAnne

Greyundrstndng (that's hard to spell), yeah - that would be fabulous - enjoy!
    Let's see...for our lesbian days together so far, we've drank a bottle of wine in my lab, gone for a hot picnic at the local waterfall at sunset, and gone to see a Midsummer Night's Dream in 7 Asian languages. All really memorable. Hope yours are good too!