1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Anti-LGBT game

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by SpaceJayce, May 5, 2015.

1. SpaceJayce

Christian Game Developer Creates Shooter Game Called "Kill The Faggot"|The Gaily Grind

Don't think I saw a topic that was discussing this, but then again I just came home from work and am very tired, so...

This is beyond offensive, holy crap. Any Californians out there who can tell me your state's stance on hate crimes? I hope this guy gets prosecuted. What made this guy think for a second that this game was a good idea? I usually try to hold in my anger for things like this, but this is just... BEYOND ridiculous.

2. Aldrick

...but, but, but... aren't these types of Christians the marginalized victims in our society that we hear so much about?

3. Gen

Gen

The shade is so heavy in this article. This journalist went in from the first sentence.
    Anyway, unfortunately I don't believe that this could be considered a hate crime regardless of what state/country it is. Hate crimes are crimes that are fueled by hate; not merely incidents of hate. Meaning, the fundamental actions must initially be illegal and his choice to create a game was not illegal in itself. I could be wrong and there might be a clause somewhere for this, but I believe that is the case. Luckily, the game was at least pulled from Steam.

4. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK, I had to laugh: I've failed at a lot of things in my life, though I can take some consolation in that I'll never be described as arbitrarily as a 'failed Christian shoe promoter'.

No doubt, this was the final straw that drove him to lunacy!

5. Eye Shine

Well this guys is an asshole. However, I'm sure this will bite him in the butt somehow. Let karma do its work

6. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fuck this. As a game designer aspirant, I feel shame for this creation. This is BEYOND the game designing and developing ethics! Yes, video games are made to entertain its players but it should also not discriminate a certain group. Tho I dont think this game is made to entertain, this is made to insult, DEGRADE, discriminate the LGBT+ community.

7. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All the guy wanted to do was offend the hell out of us. I laugh at his efforts.

But think about it in this light. If an LGBT person gets killed and the murderer blames it on this game... do you think our dear Randall Herman will be arrested as an accessory to murder? Come to think of it... I doubt it. People have blamed other media, including video games for their stupid crimes and the only thing that we get is controversy. But then again... this game is arrogantly violent against LGBT and promotes "death to all homosexuals."

Either way... Nice try.

Oh and, Randall Herman... I doubt you will ever read this... but by some snowball's chance in hell that you do read this because you get off on reading the comments or the mortified, offended, appalled LGBT people and supporters. Just remember, the people who tare us down when we haven't done anything to them, deserve to be destroyed. They will be crushed because I am tired of being pushed around. Push us, fuck with us, bash us, degrade and demean us, and we (more like I) will do the same 10 times over. This is my warning shot off the bow. All I want to say after the warning is that God loves and forgives you. I don't hate you, either. Even if you are just one rung above scum at the bottom of the barrel. But here is a lesson. Tolerance of another will slows hatred. It Slowly kills it. But if you fuel the hatred then you play with fire. Then it gets bigger till you are eventually consumed by it. Burnt to a crisp. Mess with a wasp's nest and you are gonna get stung. I'm fine with being called an abomination. But stop acting like you are on a higher moral plane than the rest of the human race. I found your efforts to offend amusing. But a second time... you look like an idiot. And you will get burned. It's not a threat. Not at all. It's advice.

I pray to God that he somehow reads this. It's like 1 in a gazillion chance he does. But I pray that he does. Okay, my rant is done.

8. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Someone should make a game called Kill the Christian...

9. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope your joking but that would be just as sad and offensive as this game they are making now. You know some of your fellow lgbtl's are christian right. Watch what comes out of your mouth in all seriousness.

10. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was being sarcastic...

11. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well good!

12. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    While he has the right to his opinions, a line is being drawn with the potential impacts such a game could bring. It would be another thing, if he wasn't bringing harm to others with his actions. The amount of hatred this man has is very sad. It makes me wonder what the source of his hatred is.

13. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Being in the closet probably.

14. Aldrick

I found the YouTube video of someone playing the game. Apparently, the guy who made the game is crying over the fact that he's getting hate mail. Ha. I hope he has an accident, and falls face first into a wood chipper. One less piece of human trash in the world.

[YOUTUBE]W-p7mOl1xDE[/YOUTUBE]

This reminds me of the "Kill The Gays" Amendment that the crazy Christian guy was trying to get on the California ballot.

We should never forget that there are people out there who legitimately fantasize about killing us.

15. Ashleigh16

I don't understand. As a Christian I believe that even if someone is living in sin you should love them. So I don't understand how this interpretation of the bible even exists. The bible does prohibit sexual immorality in the context of things that could hurt us or others. But if you go through the laws with the filter of "does this show the unconditional, selfless, agape love of God?" then you have a pretty clear indicator of which biblical laws were merely cultural, such as food regulations. But if you look at it through the lense of love then you see. There are many biblical laws regarding sexual sin, some still followed, some not. When you look at it through love it's all very simple. Anyway I got off topic but my point is that we should love regardless. And obviously it's not wrong to be gay.

16. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, I did a double take at that one as well. So what kind of shoes are Christian? Sandals made of wood? How would one go about promoting them? "Walk a mile in the shoes of Christ by wearing authentic wooden sandals, available only from Christwear, a subdivision of ChristCo. Get them at your local Payless."

17. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As ridiculously offensive as the game is, I laughed when I saw the pictures. It was just so over-the-top homophobic I initially thought I was reading satire. There is a point where something is so horrifically bad that its hard to believe its serious. Then I realized it wasn't satire.

The guy who made this game is a terrible person. Maybe he was bitter at the time of making the game because of his problems promoting Christian shoes? :shrug:

18. Aldrick

[YOUTUBE]Ym-k5viJ7tA[/YOUTUBE]

19. Asexual Pirate

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is highly disturbing. I wish people who claimed they were "christian" would stop doing things like this! They give us such a bad name when there are so many Christians out there who aren't homophobic bigots.

I really hope he gets socially skewered by everyone, including the Christian community. Violence and hatred like this should never be encouraged.

20. rachim4

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    OMG thats a really old game. Its been around for a while. Are they really that bored with their lives. I even know christian gays too.