1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Teacher fired for being gay gets a new job

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by 741852963, May 9, 2015.

1. 741852963

A bit of good news to come out of a bad story.

Skutt teacher to take job at Millard North High School | Local News - KETV Home

Matthew Eledge was fired from Skutt Catholic high school ended his contract reportedly because he was gay.

A petition was set up in support of the teacher (garnering nearly 100,000 signatures), but now the teacher has managed to get a new job at a competitor to the Catholic high school down the road (serves them right!).

What is lovely to hear is one of his students making the transfer with him to show support.

2. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Catholic High School? Well no wonder they discrminated him...Of course they turn a blind eye at their pedophilic priests...

3. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not all catholics are bigots such as some of my relatives and not all priests are perverts. Your hatred of religion is disgusting dude and seen in almost every post you make.Show some respect.

I am happy this guy finds a job and I know who will enter the gates of heaven between him and that school principal at that Catholic School.

4. NamesNotJake

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Disgusting this can even happen. I thought LGBT+ were protected from being fired because of sex, gender, or sexual orientation.

5. Images and Words

He doesn't have a hatred for religion, and the catholic church has been known to turn it's eye on pedophilic religious figures, priests included.

More on topic, I feel sorry for the guy. Glad the petition is doing so well :grin:

6. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I agree they have I despise the church as mush as anyone but I am reasonable enough to know not all priests are perverts and not all catholics are bigots. And I do think catholic schools need to be abolished cause they are hateful cult like organizations these days that is coming from a christian perspective.

7. MissBookworm

MissBookworm Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Agreed. It's true, there is a very small number of pedophilic priests that they turn a blind eye to. However, the comment implied that, as stated before, all Catholics are bullying bigots with no sense of moral code. There's no need to be irrational...

8. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds like Skutt is smut.

9. staries

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's horrible. Why is okay to fire a teacher or anyone because of their sexuality? Just shameful.

10. Gymskirtboy

Gymskirtboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    At least shit like that cant happen over here. Any discrimination is unacceptable in my mind, and to use religion as a reason to do it just shows what scumbags some people are.