1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Message from a pro gay marriage republican christian

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by dano218, May 14, 2015.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    "My case is that we welcome gays into the legal institution of marriage because to continue to fight against it is contrary to spirit of our Constitution."

I agree completely with that. It's nice to see someone who can see that gay marriage is a legal issue more than it is a religious issue. You can allow gay marriage without forcing churches to go against their beliefs and allow same-sex couples into the legal benefits of marriage.

3. tscott

A thinking moderate Republican. There are some adults left in the party. To a former Republican turned Independent this is wonderful news.

4. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well I am actually a independent also i just don't believe in bashing all republicans like some do.

5. CyclingFan

Heh, if this guy wants to vote for a center-right party, why is he complaining that the GOP is not that? There's a perfectly respectable center-right party in the USA already.

6. BisexualQueen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I agree with almost all of his message. As a Christian, I've been trying to point out to the homophobic people in my life this isn't a religious issue, but a political/legal one. Republicans aren't bad people. Some of them can say some pretty bad things, but there are a lot becoming more like this man.