1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Russ Feingold running for Senate

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by AwesomGaytheist, May 14, 2015.

1. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Former Senator Russ Feingold (D-WI) is running to get his old job back. The progressive champion who co-sponsored the McCain-Feingold campaign finance reform bill in 2002 has re-entered politics. Feingold was elected to the US Senate in 1992, and subsequently re-elected in 1998 and 2004, before being defeated by Tea Party clown Ron Johnson, who is considered one of the most vulnerable Republicans up for re-election in 2016, with a 29% approval rating. If elected, Feingold will join Tammy Baldwin, a fellow Democrat who was the first-ever openly gay US Senator, elected in 2012.

[YOUTUBE]OURCbPVAqqY[/YOUTUBE]

#1 AwesomGaytheist, May 14, 2015
    Last edited: May 14, 2015
  2. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's great news.

We really, really need to get back to the issue of all the $$$ in politics; it's gotten totally out of hand. Not sure what we can do post citizens united, but the way a few billionaires can make or break a candidate definitely stacks the deck, and makes the average person feel as if they have no real say.

It would be curious to seem him work with McCain again...I wonder if there could still be such bipartisanship?

#2 HuskyPup, May 14, 2015
  3. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually the most exciting news I heard all day and I think he personally has a good shot. Don't get me started on on Ron Johnson. He just sucks.

#3 dano218, May 14, 2015
  4. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awesome news. I'd love to have Feingold and Baldwin working together in the Senate!