1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Rep. Loretta Sanchez apologizes for mocking American Indians

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by dano218, May 17, 2015.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Loretta Sanchez apologizes for mocking American Indians | The Sacramento Bee

Rep. Loretta Sanchez who just announced she is running for the US senate in California next year for the democratic nomination has now said something very immature and since she a minority herself I really disappointed in her. I thought last week well she make a great senator by now I am all in for Kamala Harris unless someone better gets in.

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not a good apology at all.

1. It wasn't an explained apology. For an apology to be effective, it has to come from a place of real empathy and understanding what the other person or people might have felt and articulating that you've engaged with it. Simply saying "I said something offensive, and for that I sincerely apologize" doesn't cut the mustard.

2. It was not unconditional. The person who apologizes must fully assume responsibility and admit the error without suggesting that circumstances beyond one's control contributed to the wrong. She cannot say "things have been really stressful lately" and "we all make mistakes." It's not the job of the person who apologizes to set what the standard of reconciliation is. That's for the person or people who accept the apology.

3. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agreed. She is done before she even got started. Just as worse as George Bush oh wait i mean Jeb Bush and his many Iragi war comments he made this last week.

4. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah,the apology really wasn't good at all. Kamala Harris is going to replace Barbara Boxer.