1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Gov. Jindal Issues Order On Religious Freedom And Same-Sex Marriage

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Aldrick, May 20, 2015.

1. Aldrick

Read the full article here.

2. AlamoCity

Well... it's election season (when is it not election season in the US? :lol:slight_smile:.

Genuflecting to the Christian Right seems to be de riguer for Republican candidates.

I don't like the whole "losing-your-job protection" aspect in one scenario. Say you apply to be an assistant county parish clerk after gay marriage is legal. Shouldn't you not have chosen a job where you damn well knew official duties would run counter to your teachings? You don't see Muslims and Jews suing Smithfield Farms (ham) for not getting certain accommodations in the performance of animal slaughter that is counter to their religion and/or relating to touching something that's not kosher/halal.

3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This guy criticised President Obama left and right on his executive order on the immigration crisis. I guess it's different when it means suppressing those queers though, right Bobby?

4. Hatsune Miku

what a disgusting piece of shit

5. Aldrick

Cue the ad campaign.

[YOUTUBE]Q26LCfLtTBA[/YOUTUBE]

Cue old white people (AKA Republican Voters) clapping.

Cue Bobby Jindal nodding randomly in an empty church.

6. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    An executive order being used like this? I'm sure the GOP and Fox News will be outraged about this.

7. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope this guy runs for president and shockingly wins the nomination because he will lose in a landslide!

8. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I read recently that Jindal is a Rhodes scholar...it's too bad, I thought they had higher standards.

Fact is, he is an arrogant son-of-a-bitch whose approval rating in Louisiana is as dismal as the swamps therein, at 27% (this appears to be a bi-partisan dissatisfaction), with a 1.6B dollar deficit. When IBM tells you that if you pass your "anti-discrimination" bill there will be consequences, and you have that kind of deficit, you don't go on defiantly that you won't be pushed around by corporations expressing their views on your homophobia. His recent executive order goes much further than Indiana's lame attempt, stating that these protections are for people who believe marriage to be between one man and one woman...fucking outrageous!

Everyone knows about his presidential ambitions...one guy from LA commented that "he should focus on the job he has, rather than the one he wants"

9. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think he's trying to look 'tough'. Somehow, he kind of comes across as Mr. Rogers, the former children's TV star, with those cardigans he wears, but this is a rather lame attempt at trying to look like Mr. Big, Large and In Charge...especially with his tanking economy, deficits and low approval ratings. I don't see him as taking up much space on the stage for the upcoming primaries. I'd imagine it's probably curtains for his political career.

10. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    His political career has been curtains for years, this act was his hail Mary attempt hoping that it would draw in the votes from the people afraid that they could catch the gay virus if the gays were allowed to freely mingle in public.
    He just has no clue about this or anything else.

11. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry Piyush, but this isn't going to save your career. It's things like this that make me wonder if in the next few decades a center-right party will emerge and the GOP will be reduced to nothing more than screaming hate out of its last and only stronghold: the South.