1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Record-High 60% of Americans Support Same-Sex Marriage

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Aldrick, May 20, 2015.

1. Aldrick

Here is the important part to keep in mind, and what politicians will look at in upcoming elections.

You can find the entire report here (graphs and all).

2. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think all groups republicans, democrats, independents, christians and younger generations all moving in this direction although at times it may seem unlikely and it is exciting and I have great hope in the future of America.

3. Sienrar

I still think that seeing that 40% is a bit sad. But this is still great, I can't wait for what is ahead.

4. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    I bet its higher.
    here is how it works, You catch Billy Bob and Respus bellied up to the bar and ask them if the support gay marriage, naturally the have no choice but to say

"Hell No, you let them faggots get married and next thing you know Cleatus there is going to be mating with is damn mule,, well, legally in the open instead of the barn like he is now"

Now, Billy Bob and Respus are obligated to respond this way so that others dont start thinking that they might be sweet on each other or something, maybe they have some homosexual tendencies, or maybe they have even seen each others winkies...
    But in their perfectly straight minds they are thinking,, Why should I care what them homos do, matter of fact, right now they all running around like a bull in heat, never know when ones gonna run up and try to hump your leg, least if they are married they wont have to be searching for sex, makes it safer for us real men to be out in public doing real men things...

so Yes, I think the number is much higher but many are afraid to actually come forward in public and say it. I bet if a voting district ended up with all but 2 votes for gay marriage, there would be a couple thousand guys claiming one of those two no votes came from them.

5. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gallup is usually a pretty reliable polling center. They make sure that their polls are very representative of the general population and have higher than average total survey takers. Not saying it can't be higher (I actually think it is), but I trust Gallup and Pew Research quite a bit. Now of this was a poll from Rasmussen or something, it'd be a different story.

6. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That all depends on how drunk Billy Bob is...last time I was at the bar, I found that after he's had a few, he's a great kisser! :slight_smile:

Now Cleatus, I really do think he might have a thing for mules.

~

But joking aside, I'm happy to see the % is increasing, and think it will keep going higher, especially as people see that it's not causing the sky to fall, or anything.

7. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

that means 40% of our country are idiots

8. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    that was you? I still have your number on the match,,
    I mean, really?

9. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my line of work, I often wonder if the number is higher than that.

Certainly good thing to see the opinion poll rating rise, even if statistics are *ahem* ...

10. Reptillian

My only problem here is that there's no statistics for no opinion and neutral opinion. Those needs to be there for a more accurate picture.

11. Aldrick

Honestly, one of the main drivers of the numbers going up so quickly is old people dying. It's morbid, but true.

12. ForeverLost

The don't vote for that Rand Paul guy or whatever. On Buzzfeed I heard he's not to friendly with the gay marriage thing...

13. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    Dude,,
    Im old.
    the numbers will go down by one when my old slow ass gets run over by a city bus while trying to chase a twink through an intersection.

---------- Post added 20th May 2015 at 07:36 PM ----------

he's not unfriendly
    This is from HIS website. You should always check to see what the candidate actually said instead of what some Hillary lover wants to claim he said.

Paul opposes a national law banning same-sex marriage. Paul's view is that same-same marriage should be dealt with at the state level. Paul said he thinks his party and the nation will eventually accept that different parts of the country have different views on certain issues. "My position on this is the same as Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin, George Washington, John Adams," he said. "Marriage is a state issue."

14. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Rand Paul Says Same Sex Marriage 'Offends Him' | Crooks and Liars
    Rand Paul: Gay marriage debate a ‘moral crisis’ - The Washington Post
    Not to mention he hasn't practised what he is now preaching, advocating for a constitutional ban on same sex marriage during his 2008 Senate Campaign. He also has compared same sex marriage to polygamy, and voted against the reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act because it protected lesbian and transgender women. Rand Paul is no friend of the LGBTQ community.

15. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    ok, and what is hillarys history on gay marriage? I mean, before she decided to run the last time around? she is not exactly preaching what she exhibited as a standard of behavior prior to the change. Does this mean you cant vote for her either? after all, she has certainly shown herself to be untrustworthy and a liar over the years.

---------- Post added 20th May 2015 at 07:59 PM ----------

by the way, Im not big on either one of them to be honest.

---------- Post added 20th May 2015 at 08:00 PM ----------

Hillary Clinton has a new position on same-sex marriage - CNNPolitics.com

16. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah i agree Hillary flip flopped badly on that issue but the fact is the majority of politicians now were on that wrong side of history and your not gonna find a candidate who was not wrong on some issue at some point in time and than changed their mine. I am over it and I think most of America is over it. So I take my chances and vote for Hillary in 2016

17. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not surprising. I figured that was about right.

Judging by the views of people my age, the future looks bright. Recently in my civics class we took personality tests about our views on various political issues and discussed them in class, and I think only two people were against gay marriage (in a class of 30 or so students). The two people against were complaining to the teacher about no one agreeing with them, and she just told them to be nice. :lol:

18. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    I dont know why the would be upset with others not agreeing with them, but at the same time unless they were being a bit too vocal about that disagreement, I have no idea why the teacher would try to discount their opinion with the be nice comment.

If someone does not agree with my lifestyle thats fine with me. doesnt mean they are a bad person or anything, just means they dont fully understand me. we can still be friends.

19. ZenMusic

But being gay isn't a "lifestyle." If someone told me they didn't agree with the colour of my skin, I wouldn't say they didn't fully understand me, I'd say they were ignorant.

---------- Post added 21st May 2015 at 06:02 AM ----------

Isn't Rand Paul a Libertarian?

20. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Record low of 40% Americans unethical and malicious.