1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News ACLU sues Michigan over transgender driver's licenses

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BradThePug, May 22, 2015.

1. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    More here

2. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Considering complaints I've heard about SOS (Michigan's drivers license agency), this doesn't really surprise me.

3. Lipstick Leuger

Thank God, someone should sue us. We have major conservative right winged asshats here.

4. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    Dont get me wrong, first off, my dream wife would be a transsexual. I would have the beauty and the soft tenderness of a woman, and the well, you get my drift,
    anyway,
    I am one to look at things from both sides, Its mostly due to the nature of my job, I have to look at not only how great something is going to be, but I also have to see the issues that could arise from whatever it is being discussed and find ways to circumvent or prevent them prior to roll out.
    So,While I think that a transgender, an honest lives 24 hours a day transgender should have a license that reflects who they are and not only whats between their legs, I can also see where some serious issues of abuse could come from this.
    What I would suggest is to give a time frame, say 6 months for a group of law enforcement, some representatives of the Trans community and some known criminals (yes, criminals right from the prison system) to sit and go over the issues that could come up and then put in place safe guards to minimize exposure to abuse.
    After this, those new regulations, although seemingly restrictive and a bit more intense than the regular non trans license application, will go into effect.

---------- Post added 23rd May 2015 at 11:03 AM ----------

actually, I wonder if considering the advanced computers we now have, and have had for the last decade, what would happen if all of the information stayed the same on the license and where it currently says sex, it was an imprint of our finger print.
    no reference to sex at all. Just verification of a print.
    Get pulled over, put your thumb on a screen, it verifies it with the central computer and in just a few short seconds the officer is looking at an exact copy of your license on the screen with all of the details of your history below.

5. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Only pproblem with the fingerprint idea is the sheer number of people with bad fingerprints. Common occupations where this is a problem includes, but certainly isn't limited to doctors (especially surgeons), funeral directors, and hair stylists.