1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Australia continues to resist same-sex marriage

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by SkyDiver, May 24, 2015.

1. SkyDiver

Australian PM Resists Gay Marriage Referendum Push

I actually hate Tony Abbott. So much. So, you don't want a referendum. Because you know that you would LOSE. You say it's left for the government to decide. And then you have the gall to not grant your party a conscience vote on the issue.

Abbott is an absolute disgrace to Australia and needs to be booted out like the idiotic piece of scum that he is. His own sister is a lesbian and he still doesn't think she should have the same rights as him. What an absolutely disgusting man.

:tantrum:

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree, and I'm glad you feel so strongly on the matter. It's really difficult for me to comprehend how people as clearly malicious as he is live with themselves.

3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Elections have consequences. Australia will learn its lesson sooner rather than later that promoting Tony Abbott to Prime Minister was a mistake. He's a blithering buffoon, and this only goes more so towards proving it.

4. Decandyman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dont worry alot of us hate phony tony.
    Have you heard the news?
    I heard tony abbott is having a threesome with rupert murdoch and gina rinehart.
    I can imagine it going along like this:

Gina: come here tony and throw onto me that bucket of 100 dollar bills
    rupert: you know tony that we control you and your policy direction dont you slave.
    tony: yes masters i will serve you for ever and ever. I love you guys so much, more than those stupid australian citizens....
    Gina and rupert: Muahahahahahahahahahaha, excellent.

5. 741852963

Its just a shame Gillard was so blinded by her "progressive" feminist views that she did not put this on the agenda when she had the chance.

Just because she was critical of the institution of marriage, and did not want marriage for herself, that is no excuse for preventing thousands who do want to marry from doing so.

Selfish cow.

6. -Lana-

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

---------- Post added 27th May 2015 at 05:42 PM ----------

Omg I'm dying :roflmao::roflmao:

7. xfinitycomcast

I never wanted Tony Abbott in Parliment and I still struggle to understand why anyone would have voted for him and how we haven't voted him out yet.....

8. Beckjo524

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It is unfortunately people's fear that outweighs even the most basic knowledge. The human mind is stubborn in this way, and only time will fix the mistakes made by each one of us. I just hope Australia's metaphorical band-aid comes sooner rather than later. It is a shame, in any era, in any nation, to see a group of people suppressed. It is even so raw for us, because it is our own people. Sometimes there are just people you can't reason with.

9. DragKing692

Get your crap together, Abbott! No good-hearted person would do such a thing. Ugh.

10. mangotree

Q: What's big and round and hates Tony Abbott?

A: The world.

#10 mangotree, May 28, 2015
    Last edited: May 28, 2015
  11. Porphyrogenitus

He's partly right, though, to the extent that a referendum is definitely not the right way to go about it. The definition of marriage isn't a constitutional matter, and a non-constitutional referendum (or 'plebiscite') isn't binding. In other words, parliament would still have to vote to make it law, which is what we're facing now. Worse, getting a referendum to happen at all requires parliament to pass specific legislation. And referenda are very expensive - which is why they usually wait for a general election to hold them. So we'd do all that, and still have to get over the main hurdle anyway, which is getting parliament to agree to it.

12. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think I've ever heard a gay marriage opponent say, "The people shouldn't decide!"

13. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK, here's a question: I always had this image of Austrlaia being laid-back, mellow and liberal.

And yet, the more news stories I read, the more it seems to have a lot of anti-gay laws, rampant racism, eerie censorship and a worsening environmental record.

What gives?

Is it kind of like Alaska, maybe, that 'rugged' tough-guy kinda attitude?

I'm confused.

I thought it was all cute kangaroos and stuff :frowning2:

14. xfinitycomcast

That's what our country should be... unfortunately, Tony Abbott

15. mangotree

Most Australians are laid-back, mellow and liberal.
    Unfortunately we haven't had a national political party for a long time that represents those values i.e. how the majority of Australians really feel.
    For as long as I've been voting - it's been a matter of choosing the lesser of two evils rather than choosing one party/leader who is inspirational and strong.
    We've metaphorically been choosing between cow sh*t and chicken sh*t.

16. EnviroLady

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Abbott is a pain to Australia and I'm looking forward to voting him out. He causes a lot of problems, wants to ruin the Great Barrier Reef, make the rich richer and the poor poorer, won't allow gay marriage - because he got into power with votes to Liberal and Family a First and supposedly Families can't have two parents of the same sex according to their family first polices. So to keep power he has to be against it. For something really shocking look up year 9s question Tony Abbott, he is such an embarrassment to us. He can't even say the word tampon and is being a pain about withdrawing the tax for tampons which he doesn't consider to be essential but condoms are essential, mind you this is originally for Howard days I think. How a white man can be minister for women's and Aboriginal peoples affairs is beyond me and truly quite upsetting. He has no background with being from either of these marginalised groups. And why oh why are we women still paid less than men and why should people in Australia not get paid for public holidays through penalty rates, because he is greedy and taking as much money as he can in bribes prior to being kicked out, and guess what then he still gets a pension for the rest of his life for being in for only a term, disgusting!

17. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If people over the age of 15 could vote, he would not be prime minister. Literally everyone in all of my classes are against him. I think the only people who voted for him is old people.

18. Justinian20

It is cute kangaroos and stuff. The majority of Aussies are laid back and mellow people. It's just the government does not reflect that at all. It's the government who is making Australia look bad.

How dare you not mention koalas when you say cute Beast boi, koalas are the cutest animals ever:slight_smile: