1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Internal Report: Major Diversity, Organizational Problems At Human Rights Campaign

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BradThePug, Jun 3, 2015.

1. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    More here

2. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Internal Report: Major Diversity, Organizational Problems At Human Rights Campaig

This is really to be expected, and has been a main critique of the organisation. They still do amazing legal work to advance marriage rights and such, but it would be wonderful to see them diversify their employee demographics and also work towards advancing more legislation to help non-gay members of the LGBTQ community.

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Internal Report: Major Diversity, Organizational Problems At Human Rights Campaig

It has been long noted that the HRC made a bargain in human rights advocacy, and they have decided to make the choice that transgender people are not important to them. This revelation is just a continuation of that. Despite the HRC's recent apology, it seems now to be revealed for a PR move, if indeed transgender employees are not being treated with respect.

Just like I never have and never will support the NRA, I never have and never will support the HRC.

Adrienne

4. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people

Glad to see them getting noticed.
    they had run an ad in the help wanted a while back, Now, understand that I am now going back to college and I was looking to do something of social value instead of my current position. So I applied.
    they made it sound like an office job, one with fair pay, not good but I don't really need that much anymore. ( I actually could live on minimum or less now)
    at any rate, once I got there the went through their whole interview process then said the job was going door to door begging for donations.
    I have an issue with walking too much because of a broken back about 10 years ago, as soon as I told them this I was shown the door. They want all of these rights for gays, but F the handicap, or as I now see, lesbians and TGs can go to hell too.
    The project he said they were working on was protection in the workplace. Now, maybe its because I always had my own business, or as now Im working government but.... I really cant say that Ive ever been anywhere that a gay would be fired just because he/she was gay. I am sure there are employers out there like that, Ive just never seen them. So, is this even a big enough problem to devote this much time and energy to when there are other real problems that face the community every day?