1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Police officer in Texas pool party incident resigns

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by TENNYSON, Jun 9, 2015.

1. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    So, let's talk about Poolpartygate.

Texas police officer seen pushing teen to ground in controversial video resigns | Fox News

For those who don't know, this was an incident that occurred in McKinney, Texas, where a pool party was being held, attended mostly by black teens. The police arrived and a video was taken of their actions after they arrived, which included throwing a 14-year-old black girl to the ground and pointing his gun at the teens.

Now, this story has been going around there are a lot of conflicting stories and accounts about it. It appears that a fight broke out at the party and the police were called because of that. It also appears that the party was "crashed" and was getting out of hand. But other accounts talk of black teens disturbing white residents, the party being on private property (but I also heard "community pool") and there is a lot of misinformation out there.

Some say the police officer's use of force was justified since the girl was resisting arrest (I have seen the video and there is resisting, but whether that force was justified remains a question. The police chief himself admitted that it was excessive).

In the wake up the video and the media attention, the officer in question has resigned.

2. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All I've seen is the video and differing accounts so I can't get enough backstory to make a judgement whether or not his force was justified. I'm inclined to believe the media is blowing it way out of proportion. He isn't a babysitter and they were resisting/running and he was way outnumbered so idk. I think the only bad thing he did was throw the girl down -- that did seem like excessive force -- she was small and didn't seem a real threat to him. I don't think what he did was THAT bad and people would be having way less of a reaction if it was a male he threw down instead. It sounds like he resigned because of the public blowing it out of proportion rather than knowing he broke any rules and beating them to the punch.

3. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    They could've prevented all that if the teens just obeyed the police officer instead of running away, trying to sneak up behind him (when that happens, you know the intentions are bad), back talking him, etc. The officer did look like he made some unnecessary actions but it's only a few of them versus a whole crowd of teenagers. The teens could've avoided any violence if they just complied with the officer.

4. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I am glad he felt compelled to resign. What he did was totally unacceptable. His language was foul and he treated the teens like they were animals.

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Good riddance.

6. PerfectlyNormal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Animals do not deserver that either; people deserve bad more than any other living thing, we kill more beings than any other species, but that does not mean we should hurt each other.

7. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good. This man doesn't need to be in a position of power over other people seeing the way he handled this situation. At least this did not turn deadly. I would actually like to see assault charges filed against this officer, but I don't think that will happen.

8. CyclingFan

That video, where this unhinged whacko goes around escalating the situation, was quite disturbing.

What sort of thug pulls a gun on unarmed teenagers who are posing no threat?

9. GypsyButterfly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Cops are suppose to set a good example. This wasn't it. I'm just glad that this incident didn't end with someone being killed. As so many have recently.

10. Water Lover

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm sorry but how is it the cops fault that he was wayyyy outnumbered by a group of teens that were not only disobeying his orders but blantenly challenging him. (The whole going around his back and mobbing him part) If the teens weren't acting so stupid this would have never happened almost they would have been told to go home. This boils down to simple respect don't piss with an officer who's already put their life on the line to protect yours. The girl resisting and yelling he had every right to take her down like that. It was her stupid actions that got her into this. As a family member of first responders I would like to say that the public has absolutely no idea what they have to go through physically and especially mentally on a daily basis. It's not he shot her or seriously injured her.

11. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I honestly don't get why they're making such a big deal out of this.