1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News 17 year old trans teen murdered

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by RainbowGreen, Jun 20, 2015.

1. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  2. Im Hazel

Shit, that's awful... I hate to see people die, especially transgender people... It scares me, sometimes. Just for being myself I am several thousand times more likely to be killed, than average.

3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Until everyone comes to the realization that trans lives matter, stories like these will still continue to occur, sadly. This is why it's important to be an ally for the transgender community.

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Aww :tears:

5. Foz

Foz Guest

One thing not to forget is that just because an LGBT individual is murdered doesn't mean it's because they were LGBT. People get murdered for all manner of reasons and hate is just one which possibility of which we may never know.

6. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, but the fact that transgender people are many times more likely to be subject to violence needs to be thoroughly addressed at some point, preferably as soon as possible. It is without a doubt more dangerous to be transgender than to be a member of other minority groups in many places in the US, especially in large southern cities. That cannot be ignored, as there is a silent genocide going on with transgender people as the victims. Not only are they victims of misgendering, assault, and deadly violence, but an astonishing 41% of transgender people attempt suicide in their lifetime. To ignore that is egregious.

7. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    ehm, Foz, just no. Neither the time nor the place.

Thanks a lot, Bryan. Solidarity with groups of which one is not a part is a truly beautiful thing. It's a sign of true empathy.
    <3

8. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ugh... this is horrible.

And this happened in my state. -_-

9. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't mention it, it's what a good person does. (*hug*) My parents have always taught me to love others, and to really try to walk a mile in their shoes before passing judgement upon them. As someone who has also went through questioning my gender identity before for a brief time in my life, I also know how painful it can be for some people. I've always considered myself an ally of the transgender community, and will continue to be an outspoken ally for my trans friends until I die. <3

10. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Bryan's right especially since she was in a pretty conservative town.

11. Foz

Foz Guest

Is it ever the time or place? There's a high profile news idea everyday, does leaving it a month or two make the discussion any more relevant or irrelevant? Of course not. Like Bryan says, this discussion needs to happen now, is that going to be put off every time it happens because it's 'not the time or place'?

12. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, the discussion that I was talking about needing to happen was how to curb the amount of violence towards transgender people. That's not the same thing you were trying to say, if I read correctly.

13. Foz

Foz Guest

Yes, but part of that discussion needs to be about how much crime towards transgendered people is incidental and how much is as a result of them being trans. Knowing the scale of that is fundamental, otherwise if you measure every crime as a hate crime there will come a point where hate crime is still being recorded as a major issue when in fact it is not. This in turn will divert what precious little resources there is to somewhere which there is no issue.

14. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Believe me when I argue with someone from the religious right and tell them that saying that people choose to be gay, trans, whatever is like saying they choose to be bullied or murdered or discriminated against and guess what they never respond back to that question just walk around it. Than when I engage them on what if prayer or steering away from tempt ion does not work they never answer either. Says everything about them and their beliefs. Time to get over it but i do love arguing with some of them on Facebook and trying to enlighten them on some blogs or whatever. I also try not even to reveal my sexuality or else that becomes the main event. They are crazy in itself.

This is a tragic reminder of how far people still are willing to go to hurt others.

15. RainDreamer

I don't have much words to express my feeling now, so I will just say that, these kinds of news are not the kind that makes me want to wake up next morning.

16. bi2me

Foz, there is incidental crime against all kinds of people. Do you really believe there are more incidental crimes against transpeople than cispeople?

17. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is a horrible thing. :frowning2: I will honor her memory and protect who I can wherever I'm at...

18. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It disgusts me that such an act isn't uncommon. Prayers for her. :frowning2:

19. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

more stuff that prove I should just kill myself I'm just doing the world a favor by ending my life before some body else do

20. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, don't say that. Everyone is valuable. Just look how much this girl was worth for her friend in the video. She says she can't live without her in her life.

Someone is bound to miss you if you go, and you'll make other people sad too. Just look at Leelah Alcorn :frowning2: