1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Transgender Rights

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Aldrick, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Aldrick

In the wake of the SCOTUS Marriage Equality ruling, John Oliver did an amazing job of directing attention to Trans* rights.

[YOUTUBE]hmoAX9f6MOc[/YOUTUBE]

2. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The whole U.S.A. needs to see this.
    Sure they see the people who don't actually do any research and just want to sell a story, but that doesn't actually do any good.

3. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This guy has always been a legend. He always has such good points and its encouraging to see him do this, as his show is taken quite seriously.

4. RainDreamer

I love this guy. "their decision on this matter is, medically speaking, none of your f**king bussiness!"

5. Hiems

I wanted to clap and cheer every time the audience did, but it's almost 5AM here, and everyone in the house is asleep. I was still cheering though, but quietly, haha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thanks for sharing the video!

6. Gaysibling

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He's great....but isn't it terrible that it takes someone who considers himself to be primarily a comedian to provide some of the best journalism available on TV. He researches his stories well, softens us up with humour, and then punches us in the gut with a powerful story. Meanwhile, people who claim to be journalists just pump out bland sound bites of 'news' without ever caring or making a point.

Well done John Oliver for doing a better job of informing and educating than pretty much anyone else on TV.

7. BluhImCourtney

I saw his show a while ago, maybe the second episode or whatever, and I freaking loved it. I think I'll watch some more of his stuff.

Also, Gaysibling, there is a very, VERY vague line between comedian and philosopher. And there's alot of overlapping.