1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Macy’s Drops Donald Trump’s Fashion Line Over Immigrant Remarks

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by HuskyPup, Jul 1, 2015.

1. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This just gets better and better. After getting dumped by both NBC and Univision now Macy's is dropping all it's Donald Trump branded products.

“We do not believe the disparaging characterizations portray an accurate picture of the many Mexicans, Mexican Americans and Latinos who have made so many valuable contributions to the success of our nation,” Macy’s said in a statement. “In light of statements made by Donald Trump, which are inconsistent with Macy’s values, we have decided to discontinue our business relationship with Mr. Trump and will phase-out the Trump menswear collection, which has been sold at Macy’s since 2004.”

Full Story

It's good to see that there's actually been some repercussions for this buffoon's hateful remarks; you almost have to take pity on a man with so much arrogance, greed and spite, though he makes that stance difficult.

2. AlamoCity

It's actually funny, but I always found the Donald Trump menswear collection very tacky for some reason. I would always chuckle a bit when I saw it thinking there was no way Donald Trump would wear his own line because of the relative low quality and how he would basically slap his name on almost anything. Also, his line always had ties that had an incredible sheen to them that couldn't help remind me of those hideous prom ties guys would wear. I like solid ties, but prefer matte and woven, not shinny and sateen-like.

Rules for clothes:

1) If the label is a celebrity name (actual designers or people who made contributions to the clothing excepted e.g. Rene Lacoste, Ralph Lauren, Ike Behar), don't even look at it.

2) If they sell shiny ties (sateen) that are not for formalwear, skip them.

Will say he did have an extensive line of bankers collar shirts that I liked, but never bought.

--------

On the actual topic, it's kind of nice for Trump to have his comments backfire, but I also wonder if that was Trump's strategy all along.

#2 AlamoCity, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  3. CyclingFan

Heh, no idea why you'd find something with the Trump name "tacky". Lol

4. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Although I agree with his immigration views his words were in poor taste and I think he is done and would be a horrendous nominee but with that said he would lose badly to clinton anyway.

5. Psaurus918

If you guys haven't seen what Jon Stewart said about Trump running, check it out you won't be disappointed lol

6. AlamoCity

Interestingly, most of his line is made in China, the very place he wants to save our outsourced jobs from :lol:. Now, economics dictates that textiles are cheaper to make overseas, but for ties, most of my ties are actually made in the western world, meaning there is a robust and healthy tie-making industry in the west. He should have at least had an American manufacturer make the ties here.

7. CyclingFan

Heh, Donald Trump is a self serving, hypocritical sleazeball?

This is my shocked face. Lol

8. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Given that Republicans are 'going after' the increasingly important Latin vote, he's doing it wrong.