1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Hillary Clinton, Ellen Degeneres, and others voice support for kid afraid to be gay

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by resu, Jul 6, 2015.

1. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It was in reference to a post by the photo blog Humans of New York (sorry for the large size). I know on Facebook, there were over 600,000 likes, which is awesome.

[​IMG]
    "I'm homosexual and I'm afraid about what my future will be and that people won't like me"

Hillary Clinton's kind words for boy 'afraid' of being gay - BBC Newsbeat

2. Foz

Foz Guest

Re: Hillary Clinton, Ellen Degeneres, and others voice support for kid afraid to be g

I saw this yesterday also (what are you yanks doing on the taxpayer funded BBC anyway :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) and I did wonder if that's actually the kid or if it's just a randomer? But jee, if people were like that when I was that age things would've been a lot easier.

3. MetalRice

Re: Hillary Clinton, Ellen Degeneres, and others voice support for kid afraid to be g

These people are amazing for their support.

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

Aww!

5. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Incredible! :slight_smile:

6. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  7. Foz

Foz Guest

This is what annoys me about the American right, I am rather right wing but I just cannot identify with the republicans, it's like 1950's Britain at times. It's just opportunistic, it makes no sense what he says, the content of the post means nothing, it's just being used as an attack against Clinton. And does he seriously think that kid's 8? Unless kids start puberty that young now he's somewhere between 12 and 14.

8. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

The US right wing is very different from the UK right wing as it tends to be much more socially conservative and reactionary. That probably has something to do with Republicans pandering to Evangelicals, a group that isn't that big of a voting bloc influence in the UK. There is UKIP however and they are almost as reactionary, but not quite.

9. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Umm is this even a real kid and a real thing he said? I guess 7 year olds are using facebook now, but it's irritating me that this was literally on the news and I don't even think its real...... It looks like a stock photo with a timely (made up) quote attached....

10. Posthuman666

This is great. We need more anti-homophobes.

11. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Humans of New York is a popular Facebook page that walks up to ransom people in NYC, asks them what is on their mind and photographs them. They actually have a bestselling book made with that concept, and they have created numerous spinoffs for different cities and Universities. I definitely believe this could be a real account.