1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Korea's first ever equal marriage lawsuit has begun

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Quem, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    More here

Just in case, this article is talking about the Republic of Korea, known as South Korea. =]

2. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I wouldn't get my hopes up for South Korea with same-sex marriage. It's not as socially liberal as many of the western nations. I would actually consider it caving into western pressure if they go through with the law suits, which might really be all the wrong way to go about this. If they don't win, then I'm not surprised. If they do win, there will be some major backlash from the people of South Korea.

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hope they legalize it.

4. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Good luck to them, but I think they're going to lose because of bullshit reasoning by the courts. Hopefully it starts a proper dialogue about gay rights and hopefully it will be one that doesn't consist of Christians throwing a temper tantrum until everyone shuts up.

5. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hopefully the courts will be able to get this ruling right. If they do, it could start a domino effect with other nations such as Germany and Australia.

6. Feline

Feline Guest

This news made me smile. It's a start. Even if it fails, it'll be a motive to keep trying, to keep pushing.

Thank you for sharing!

7. candyjiru

I'm in a really conservative city in South Korea right now and I literally had to explain to a coworker that gay people did not also want to have sex with animals, that gay marriage rights wouldn't turn straight people gay, that being gay wasn't a disease, and that gay people weren't going to confuse everyone about sex to the point where there were no more people being born in the world >.> I would love to see this passed, but I wouldn't hold my breath T.T