1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News 3 young children sentenced to juvenile detention for not having lunch with there dad

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Andrew99, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Re: 3 young children sentenced to juvenile detention for not having lunch with there

Um wtf that is fucking batshit crazy that judge should get her job taken away

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: 3 young children sentenced to juvenile detention for not having lunch with there

Yea no shit.

4. CyclingFan

I'm trying to think under what possible circumstances this could be justified. Keep landing on wtf

5. RainDreamer

There might be more to the story than what we see, but sending these kids to juvie like this is not justifiable in anyway.

6. Foz

Foz Guest

Every time I see a sensationalist headline like that I'm always cautious of it, as things don't happen just like that. I found an article telling the other side of the story, while the use of detention is subjective, it appears a neurotic mother is behind it all. I would give anything to spend another day with my dad and these kids are just throwing it all away.

7. RainDreamer

Well, buzzfeed is not exactly a stellar model in journalism. But I don't see why the kids has to be sent to juvie because they don't want to be with their dad, whether it is for the right or wrong reasons. Could have let them live with another relative, or heck, child support.

8. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

Hmph, sounds like something my dad would have thought up/supported.

9. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I read this earlier this morning, and I'm seriously tempted to go file a complaint with the Michigan Judicial Tenure Commission. She deserves to be disbarred over this fiasco.

10. Justinian20

This is cray cray, why do these kids have to go to juvie, for not hanging out with their parents, if that's true for them, than I should go to prison for not having lunch with my parents, how is that justified.

11. || Kheya ||

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

Don't they have any serious crime to stop? what's wrong with them? -_-

12. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

I'd bet the judge has kids that don't visit her so she's just like taking it out on them

13. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I understand the perspective of everyone involved but I don't think this is the right solution to the problem at all. It is just gonna make matters worse.

14. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Yesterday, amidst the public outrage, the bitch judge reversed her decision and sent them to summer camp. Gorcyca whined to WXYZ, the ABC station out of Detroit, about the way the media had treated her.

15. Gen

Gen

The neurotic mother excuse is used in literally every case of divorce. Women can be just as malicious as men, but these are not claims that we can put much weight in this day in age without solid evidence. As a child of divorced parents, my father also claimed that my mother was attempting to turn us against him despite the fact that she was the one forcing us to visit him in the times that we did.

I am not aware of the reasons why you are not able to spend time with your father. If it is a matter of personal loss, then then I am deeply sorry. However, you do not have their father. You do not know what type of person he is. Coming from someone who shared those sentiments and even spent a certain degree avoiding my father out of fear for my well-being, inherently siding with parents before getting to the root of the reason why their children are avoiding them can be a dangerous assumption to make.

16. Simple Thoughts

According to the buzzfeed article ( so I won't swear by it ) The oldest boy said that the father physically assaulted the mother and that's why he didn't want anything to do with him.

Assuming that's true ( for sake of argument ) I'd say the boys are justified in their decision and the judge is totally off her rocker and needs to be taken off the bench.

17. Gen

Gen

Exactly, and there are somethings that we will never know and rightfully shouldn't.

The bottom line is that a psychologist of the court or local authorities needs to sit down with these children without either parent and get to the bottom of this. Asking children to speak out against their parent while in their presence, let alone in a courtroom, is completely unethical.

18. Ryu

Ryu

You have to be pissing with me. Is this an actual thing? Why? Whose idea was this?

19. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

"Defiant, contemptuous, young man?"

If I ran a business that required any creative or intellectual muscle, then he would be hired on the spot. You're not supposed to be agreeable until you reach about your mid-twenties and you start the early stages of cognitive decline.